Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

I am out of isolation since today. I have been very lucky with only very mild symptoms. If I hadn’t known about being in contact to an infected person I would probably not have taken a PCR tests with the LFTs at home all being negative.

Commiserations Alex. Covid still hasn’t hit me either, though I’m away to Paris next week for a holiday that has been postponed since Easter 2020 so I’m full expecting to finally pick it up this week. 

Nose running like a tap with a slight cough yesterday did a test & bingo it was positive. In fact I did a 2nd one just to make sure.  Lemsip and cough medicine for breakfast this morning. 

3 hours ago, trooper said:

Over 214k new infections yesterday & theyre closing the test centres this week what could possibly go wrong 

The figures are meaningless anyway as you’d struggle to get a test. 

Ere's a song for ya in the style of the blues

The Covid Blues

Got up this morning

Been awake all night

Coughing & snotting

Feel like a bag of shite

On the Lemsip 

Cough medicine too

It feels like I've got a bad case

Of the fucking flu

Yeah I've got the covid 

But I've had my  3 jabs

You know the ones they made 

In those Chemistry Labs

Plenty of meds

And plenty of rest

In a couple of days time

I'll do another test

Yeah I've got the covid 

But I won't let it get me down

I'm going to kick its arse 

Right outta town

Thang you very much"

Trooper 2022

Edited by trooper
  • Haha 1

I tested yesterday the 2nd line was very faint . I'll be testing soon hopefully its buggered off. Its working its was through the household here myself Miss T & Master T have/ had it. Up to now Mrs T & Grandson T are testing negative hopefully it stays like that. 

• Like 1

My wife just came out of 10 days isolation - she's vulnerable but triple jabbed.

We were sharing a box room as we had family over staying, so how I've dodged it , is beyond me. I did have a cold and sore throat at the same time, but the same LFTs that were strong positive for her, remain negative for me.

I'm still a bit dubious of "mild" - triple jabbed maybe - but I'm glad she had them. Day 5 and 6 were a bit scary for me, I could hear her coughing and wheezing and she got tired and out of breath just climbing 10 stairs or so. One morning her O2 saturation was 88 and she looked pretty unwell (but said she felt fine !)

Generally her symptoms have passed now , still got low oxygen in the mornings (93 or lower, but above 90 usually). 

I went to the theatre and the South Shields Customs house comedy club this weekend - and heard a lot of people saying "its just like a cold  now , there's no need to isolate anymore , let alone wear masks the government wouldn't say it was safe if it wasn't" . That proper scared me. I was among a handful wearing masks, and the only one wearing N95 (but I'll be fucked if I'm passing it on, negative LFT or not)

The pessimist in me see's a price being paid with lives, if we get a severe variant now - all this infection cannot be good"

How the fuck did so many people in our country get so fucking stupid - who in their right minds would believe anything this government says about anything at all? 

Edited by scoobos
  • Like 1

I seem to be utterly bulletproof to it. Have been surrounded by so many people who've had it (including both the kids) and still nothing. Don't doubt that someday it will catch me but a big fuck off to it for now. :good: