Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

30 minutes ago, catmag said:

I may have also lost my shit with a few people and ranted this morning:

‘As a friend drove through Newcastle last night they reported back that the bars and pubs were absolutely heaving with people. I know of at least 2 places that were having “final fling” nights in their pub. The pubs I passed on my way to work were full at 7pm. “One last pint!” “Best go out while we can!” “Ahhh I’m fine man, it’s being blown out of all proportion!”

Did you have a good night? Bit tender this morning? Well I hope that pint was worth it. In a couple of weeks time when someone you love is battling for their life on a ventilator, being given 24/7 care by my colleagues in a department that will have to spill over into a makeshift Intensive Care Unit in the back of Recovery, and you’re praying to a God you don’t even believe in; I hope to the same God that it was truly worth it. And if they don’t win that battle, and they become another statistic in this horrendous nightmare that hasn’t even scratched the surface for us here in the North East, don’t DARE suggest that we should’ve done more to help them. You selfish pricks.’

Aye, aye, my question is, where were you when the clocks went back last time Cath? 
Where were you????

I’ve been living off kilter for months. 
Absolute dereliction of duty. 

:razz:

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. 

I hereby decree that something must be done. 

No chance. No baldies allowed. Stupid barnet essential.

Edited by Renton

24 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Added to that, some of the treatment nurses are getting from members of the public has been disgraceful. Spat at and called disease carriers according to the independent...

I was called pathetic earlier for suggesting people should have stayed away from the pub as thousands are now out of work because of it. 

Conversely, people have been so unbelievably kind too. I popped to Sainsbury’s on my way home from work yesterday morning and an older lady must have clocked my lanyard and told me if there was any shopping I couldn’t get that she would get it for me on one of the OAP early opening days 😆

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, aye, my question is, where were you when the clocks went back last time Cath? 
Where were you????

:lol: Alreet Spud? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Where were you????

Soz pet. Only a week to go til you’re back on track though! 😉

14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Does feel like we have a higher calling on here sometimes though :lol:

Genuinely think you could form the best government we've had in years using posters from this forum.

Why thank you, I don't know what to say? :blush:

1 minute ago, catmag said:

Soz pet. Only a week to go til you’re back on track though! 😉

Now you tell me! 
Bloody hell woman. 

Seriously though, I agree with your rant about people not taking it seriously, and the importance of social distancing etc. 
I was trying to explain it to a bloke in the pub last night but he wasn’t having it. 
Idiot. 

:lol:

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, ewerk said:

We’re a football based message board. Not the fucking COBRA committee.

My point being some posters on here are clearly managing better than others. Daily doses of “I told you so” , “hundreds of thousands are going to die” and the country suffering “an economic collapse” is not helpful in the slightest.

Even Quiff, the most emotionally blunted bloke on here said he was struggling the other day. Just because we are all full of bravado online (some more than others Fish ;) ) doesn’t mean people don’t carry anxieties into real life. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Now you tell me! 
Bloody hell woman. 

Seriously though, I agree with your rant about people not taking it seriously, and the importance of social distancing etc. 
I was trying to explain it to a bloke in the pub last night but he wasn’t having it. 
Idiot. 

:lol:

😆

Good to know you’re still a bloody idiot. Don’t ever change 😘

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

My point being some posters on here are clearly managing better than others. Daily doses of “I told you so” , “hundreds of thousands are going to die” and the country suffering “an economic collapse” is not helpful in the slightest.

Even Quiff, the most emotionally blunted bloke on here said he was struggling the other day. Just because we are all full of bravado online (some more than others Fish ;) ) doesn’t mean people don’t carry anxieties into real life. 

But unfortunately that’s just the reality of it. Things are going to be shit. It isn’t likes there’s anything else going on to discuss. 

It’s a hard ask to put an optimistic spin on what’s happening at the moment. Those anxious about what’s going on should follow Gemmill’s suggestion and restrict what they’re reading and watching.

• Like 1

Christ I’m bored.

One thing that’s really disappointed me throughout this entire thing is that at no point have supermarkets started selling Corona beer cheap. 

Its just left to rot.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Not so much now that measures are in place maybe. But telling it like it is was entirely appropriate 2 weeks ago, ignoring facts wasn't. People need to get it into their heads what we are dealing with here, and modify behaviour accordingly. Fact is this didn't happen then, and because of this thousands of people will now die who didn't have to. And they wont even have proper funerals  Its horribly sad and am I fuck saying ,"I told you so" or point scoring. Being anxious is a normal response. 

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Christ I’m bored.

One thing that’s really disappointed me throughout this entire thing is that at no point have supermarkets started selling Corona beer cheap. 

Its just left to rot.

People still have standards, man. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Not so much now that measures are in place maybe. But telling it like it is was entirely appropriate 2 weeks ago, ignoring facts wasn't. People need to get it into their heads what we are dealing with here, and modify behaviour accordingly. Fact is this didn't happen then, and because of this thousands of people will now die who didn't have to. And they wont even have proper funerals  Its horribly sad and am I fuck saying ,"I told you so" or point scoring. Being anxious is a normal response. 

Lads man. Alright. Let's all be super sexy and chill starting frooooooomm NOW! 

36 minutes ago, Renton said:

No chance. No baldies allowed. Stupid barnet essential.

I’d like to put myself forward for nomination. I have the necessary skills:

- a phd in bullshit artistry 

- well suited to spinning propaganda after long career in MSM 

- pragmatic, with a long history of forging consensus on issues as diverse as Viana’s inability to play as defensive midfielder to why Sargon of Akkad lives in his mother’s basement.

Plus when the entire transport network shuts down, I can travel to important meetings across the capital via hoverboard.

Vote Gloom for a brighter future. 

• Haha 4