Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I've not had it.  Must be years of the clap made me hard

You lot must be cave dwelling hermits with no friends or close family.

22 minutes ago, NJS said:

Not sure about the technicalities but a fadge was definitely a different kind of bread to a stottie - my Mam used to bake both most Saturdays. 

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think you’re right actually. Similar but different. They were definitely both sort of flat / similar shaped. Me granny was a good baker but more cakes. But I definitely (now you mention it) specifically buying at the bakery and it being separate to the stotties. Btw, in case anyone gives a fuck, the four lane ends Gregg’s still sells stotties (loads of them just do sandwiches, pasties etc now) 

Fadge had yeast in it :lol:

I’m not joking either 

http://www.foodsofengland.co.uk/stottycake.htm#:~:text=The difference between a fadge,known locally as Tough Geordie.

My old man liked his with dripping too :lol:

( Also, Forest Hall Greggs still does stotties)

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, OTF said:

You lot must be cave dwelling hermits with no friends or close family.

Nope. Both my kids had it and were staying at mine when they did. I resigned myself to finally getting it but it never happened. 

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

Nope. Both my kids had it and were staying at mine when they did. I resigned myself to finally getting it but it never happened. 

same. this is the second time it's been through my house. thought i was invincible after being the only one not to get it last time but it wasn't to be. 

i've heard of loads of people getting it for the first time with this latest strain, perhaps due to the booster jabs diminished protection -  i had mine over 6 months ago

I have no doubt it'll get me eventually at some point. It'll probably be after Gemmill who, lets face it, probably HAS had it - not that he'd ever admit it :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I just have a certain level immunity, or just asymptomatic.

Yeah I was mostly joking. One of my sons had it but was effectively asymptomatic, the other had symptoms for less than two days. I was the best at having symptoms in my house. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Craig, you absolute fadge. You turned back up here in 2022 making all these health claims. Nowhere to be seen during Covid's heyday. 

You work in IT. As sure as you're currently wearing black jeans and a black t shirt and have a set of Warhammer figurines on a shelf behind your desk, you've had covid.

Now shut it. Same goes for New Zealand boy. 

rebels season 3 episode 21 GIF by Star Wars

Touch wood I still feel absolutely fine and don’t have any symptoms to speak of. Had a scratchy throat for 24 hours but not the kind that would have kept me off work if I hadn’t tested positive. I reckon I definitely had it during the past couple of years without realising. 

• Like 1

Get an email from my Dad saying my sister has COVID and they've had her stay with them so they could look after her. 

Soon as I could I phoned him to give him the kind of bollocking he gave me for setting off the fire alarm with a burnt cheese toasty at 3am. Why the fuck are they inviting COVID into their house when they're both high-risk?!

Sister answers the call. Turns out she's not even had a fucking positive COVID test result, she just thinks she's got it... Still gave my Dad an earful though. It's really fucking stupid to invite someone you've been told has COVID into your house when you're an old fart who's had several seizures and hospital visits in the last 6 months. They're just not taking it seriously, I just don't understand it, especially when they know people who've died because of it.

Seems crazy. Why are you not bollocking your sister though for accepting the invitation?

She should have been like "Fuck no old man, I don't need 'killed my parents' on my CV" 

• Like 2

I'm probably the only fucker with it still enabled (more by accident than design) but I've just had my first ever close contact notification from the Covid-19 app. 

It's for Monday when I was in the office but I didn't particularly mix with anyone but I suppose there's the train as well. 

I did an LFT yesterday anyway as I went in for my cataract surgery and feel fine covid wise so probably okay. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Seems crazy. Why are you not bollocking your sister though for accepting the invitation?

She should have been like "Fuck no old man, I don't need 'killed my parents' on my CV" 

Oh I did.

Her defence was "But I don't have COVID, so they're fine". I mean, whatever this illness is, it has you coughing, and exhausted and sweating and feeling faint. You shouldn't be passing it on to two septuagenarians with health issues, should you?  You're fourty fucking two. You don't need mammy to make you hot chocolate and dab your forehead.

Fuck sake.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Oh I did.

Her defence was "But I don't have COVID, so they're fine". I mean, whatever this illness is, it has you coughing, and exhausted and sweating and feeling faint. You shouldn't be passing it on to two septuagenarians with health issues, should you?  You're fourty fucking two. You don't need mammy to make you hot chocolate and dab your forehead.

Fuck sake.

That reserved for you? :smile:

• Haha 1