Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’d like to put myself forward for nomination. I have the necessary skills:

- a phd in bullshit artistry 

- well suited to spinning propaganda after long career in MSM 

- pragmatic, with a long history of forging consensus on issues as diverse as Viana’s inability to play as defensive midfielder to why Sargon of Akkad lives in his mother’s basement.

Plus when the entire transport network shuts down, I can travel to important meetings across the capital via hoverboard.

Vote Gloom for a brighter future. 

Metropolitan elite box ticked. Gets my vote. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

But telling it like it is was entirely appropriate 2 weeks ago. Fact is this didn't happen then, and because of this thousands of people will now die who didn't have to. And they wont have proper funerals...

...am I fuck saying ,"I told you so"

I give up :lol:

I'm trying to stay away from the shops for a week or so because even being there with all the empty shelves is depressing. 

I'm hoping people start to adjust their behaviours so that it looks a bit more normal next time I need to go. 

Where do we all stand on takeaway btw? I would fucking love fish and chips tonight but I don't know if I'm just getting coronabatter. Do we just assume it's gonna be alright eating the food someone else has prepared?

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I give up :lol:

Alright in a literal sense I am but I'm not doing it to score points. What I'm saying is denying facts leads to bad outcomes. So me saying 100,000s will probably die was a fact. You're suggesting I shouldn't have said it. So we dont talk about, then what happens?

We knew what was happening in Italy, but we ignored it. Sorry, I'm really struggling to get my head around why we did that. But I'm happy to stop talking about it now, it was you who bought it up again. 

• Like 1

One more mini-rant before we all become too nice.

In my work I'm under no illusions that I'm creative or original - I'm not bad and better than most who claim to be good but what I am excellent at is taking something that works and adapting it to what's needed at the time and to meet requirements.

Now looking at all those graphs am I the only person who screams "Copy South Korea!!" at the TV/screen/phone?

Okay we might not be am identical country and they might be more "obedient" as a people but fucking hell the difference is so blatant there must be fucking something we can learn?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Where do we all stand on takeaway btw? I would fucking love fish and chips tonight but I don't know if I'm just getting coronabatter. Do we just assume it's gonna be alright eating the food someone else has prepared?

Well I guess the advice is it's okay. I don't think it survives on hot food. But the idea of it is maybe a bit gross. But then what about normal groceries, are we really wiping them down with antiseptic wipes. I think fish and chips paid by card will be okay.

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Metropolitan elite box ticked. Gets my vote. 

I think we should exclude the Southern Shandies and here’s why.…

When, in two weeks, they’re all lying in tent hospitals coughing their lungs up, surrounded by mountains of dead bodies, they’re not going to be logging on here and providing calm, sensible leadership and support to our more fragile bed-wetters, are they? 
Meanwhile, we homeboys will be strolling around our desolate moorlands, fit as butcher’s dogs and bog roll billionaires. 

Vote Fist - United Through Tits. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Well I guess the advice is it's okay. I don't think it survives on hot food. But the idea of it is maybe a bit gross. But then what about normal groceries, are we really wiping them down with antiseptic wipes. I think fish and chips paid by card will be okay.

Myyyyyyy nigga. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

What I'm saying is denying facts leads to bad outcomes. So me saying 100,000s will probably die was a fact. You're suggesting I shouldn't have said it. So we dont talk about, then what happens?

Then 100,000s die. But everyone isn’t miserable as sin because they’ve been reminded of the fact daily.

You would be a cracking prison warden on death row. Daily updates for the inmates 

3 minutes ago, NJS said:

One more mini-rant before we all become too nice.

In my work I'm under no illusions that I'm creative or original - I'm not bad and better than most who claim to be good but what I am excellent at is taking something that works and adapting it to what's needed at the time and to meet requirements.

Now looking at all those graphs am I the only person who screams "Copy South Korea!!" at the TV/screen/phone?

Okay we might not be am identical country and they might be more "obedient" as a people but fucking hell the difference is so blatant there must be fucking something we can learn?

South Korea acted much more proactively with massive surveillance testing. We don't have anywhere near that capacity and it's too late now.

Germany is another model. They have had much less fatalities. Loads of reasons for that but note they have 3 times the ICU capacity we have. This is exactly why I am so worried.

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Mrs G has vetoed deliveroo for exactly that reason. I can't imagine 6 months of nothing but home cooking. It's going to get tedious pretty quickly.

Being denied something make you want it all the more. Delivery pizza is the new anal sex 

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Then 100,000s die. But everyone isn’t miserable as sin because they’ve been reminded of the fact daily.

You would be a cracking prison warden on death row. Daily updates for the inmates 

Can we somehow arrange for you both to have the last word? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Okay, not that I think I've even done this, but now you're saying we shouldn't report updates mortality data and predictions? Because it causes anxiety? Better to ignore it I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Mrs G has vetoed deliveroo for exactly that reason. I can't imagine 6 months of nothing but home cooking. It's going to get tedious pretty quickly.

Being denied something make you want it all the more. Delivery pizza is the new anal sex 

I don't recommend butt fucking your pizza.

so one week into social distancing and i have just ordered a PS4.

maybe next week i will dust down the record decks and start working on some new dnb mixtapes 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Tom said:

Christ I’m bored.

One thing that’s really disappointed me throughout this entire thing is that at no point have supermarkets started selling Corona beer cheap. 

Its just left to rot.

I got a box of 18 for £11 or something from Aldi when I took a chance shopping in there on Monday. Sainsburys yesterday? Fuck all in bar the odd single bottles of Spitfire and stuff like that for £1.50 a pop. 

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

https://workweeklunch.com/

I've signed us up to that - sorts breakfasts and lunches for Mon to Sat and dinners for Mon to Thu. Means we're only having to cook twice a week and all the stuff is fresh ingredients which is everything that isn't currently being hoarded by halfwits. Website generates your shopping list based on the recipes you're having. Really impressed so far. 

Anyway the point is the grocery bill comes right down cos it's all fresh shit so I was hoping to have the odd takeaway on a weekend. 

I'd be canny unlucky for someone to hockle corona on my fish and chips in the time it took it to wrap them. I'm just gonna tell myself the vinegar will kill it! 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

maybe next week i will dust down the record decks and start working on some new dnb mixtapes 

I've been holding out for the PS5 released Xmas time I believe. The switch will do until then.

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Assassins Creed Odyssey. 
Fucking huge map, Ancient Greece, with a Discovery Tour option so the nippers can tear about and stealthily learn something. 
:good:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Bet you’re a right laugh at parties!

FWIW I think everyone on here is acutely aware of the seriousness of this by now. Constantly reminding people about it doesn’t help though. The time for arguing who was right and who was wrong is well past, and finger pointing at the government will no doubt be done for years to come in the aftermath of this clusterfuck when we have a multinational investigation into how this all happened, and how we prevent it from happening again 

What we need currently is calm, sensible leadership. At home, at work, on here and in government. 

Well said

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

I've been holding out for the PS5 released Xmas time I believe. The switch will do until then.

i'm hoping i won't need one by then. this is to facilitate online games of fifa with mates over the next 6 months of lockdown

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

https://workweeklunch.com/

I've signed us up to that - sorts breakfasts and lunches for Mon to Sat and dinners for Mon to Thu. Means we're only having to cook twice a week and all the stuff is fresh ingredients which is everything that isn't currently being hoarded by halfwits. Website generates your shopping list based on the recipes you're having. Really impressed so far. 

Anyway the point is the grocery bill comes right down cos it's all fresh shit so I was hoping to have the odd takeaway on a weekend. 

I'd be canny unlucky for someone to hockle corona on my fish and chips in the time it took it to wrap them. I'm just gonna tell myself the vinegar will kill it! 

alex is going to have kittens when he sees this :lol:

• Haha 2