Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

24 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Went for a walk locally and there were loads of people out clearly taking mummy for a mothers day walk. Absolutely mental. 

Do you mean older mums, grandparent age? I did see that and people in wheel chairs etc. I don't think there's anything wrong with nuclear families going out together, yet. Also went to the chip shop on the fish quay. People were generally sensible queueing 2 metres apart and going in one by one. I did have to tell the lady behind me to keep her distance mind. Got some big roll in the coop too, I'm not worried about provisions any more. 

Well I've had an absolutely dominant morning in the kitchen making:

- Quinoa Berry muffins (3 days worth of breakfasts) 

- Apple overnight oats (2 days worth of breakfasts) 

- Fiesta rice with sausage (picture what Desmond and Pork Pie have for their bait) (3 days worth of lunch or dinner) 

- A giant pan of veggie soup (4 days worth of lunch or dinner) 

And the missus has made banana and walnut loaf. AND I've just a bacon sarnie. 

I'm telling you lads. Work Week Lunch. It'll change your lives only slightly less than a global pandemic. 

They look lush. 

9 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I tend to see it the other way - if I'm going to be trapped in the house, at least cooking every day gives me something to do. :dunno: 

I think I'm taking some weird comfort from the fact I've got a week's worth of meals made while I'm watching news reports of half mile long queues outside the local Tesco. 

I’m taking comfort in the knowledge you needed to pay someone to tell you that you’re able to cook meals in batches which can then be frozen for a later date 

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Well I've had an absolutely dominant morning in the kitchen making:

- Quinoa Berry muffins (3 days worth of breakfasts) 

- Apple overnight oats (2 days worth of breakfasts) 

- Fiesta rice with sausage (picture what Desmond and Pork Pie have for their bait) (3 days worth of lunch or dinner) 

- A giant pan of veggie soup (4 days worth of lunch or dinner) 

And the missus has made banana and walnut loaf. AND I've just a bacon sarnie. 

I'm telling you lads. Work Week Lunch. It'll change your lives only slightly less than a global pandemic. 

Out of that lot the bacon sarnie is the only thing I'd take you up on. Also helpful to know vegetable soup can be used for lunch or dinner. Never knew that. Such an amazingly versatile dish. 

• Haha 4

FFS Thats mad

I was sat in the garden earlier reading.  Neighbour came out and was on the phone to her mam and she said shes got a busy week going to see friends or friends coming to see her.  

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

That's fucking insane. I had assumed all markets would be off. They are here. But London, the epicentre of the pandemic in the UK? :o

“ WE SHOWED THAT FACKIN ITLER WHATS WHAT DINT WE???” :angry:

Meanwhile on the gentile south coast, a mere 20 minute walk from where we live, some other utter cunts...