Snidey colleagues work nicknames

TheGingerQuiff

Just a.few.off the top of my head from over the years

The black widow (seen.2 hubbys off,.still would though..)

Onslow - old.school manager. Not a people verson

Hans Moleman. Lost a bit of weight and now stretchy skin.

Daryaline. Nice lad but in the right light could be.your.nan.

Bread head - plank,.pleasent but bad craic. Worked at Warbutons.

The golden.decieiver. fit a distance, dog.up.close

Edited by TheGingerQuiff
  • Haha 3

Rodney..real name Dave ( not really snidey but he hated it)

Crash Bang...crane operator, a very good one, no one said it to his face.

Leech Walesa...looked like the union leader and always asking to borrow money.

ET , a particularly diminutive rigger mate ( from the joke, “what’s ET short for? He’s only got little legs)

2Toms - when I did a stint taxiing. The bloke couldn’t find his own arsehole, so was reliant on his (useless) Tom Tom satnav, 

Boot - was on my river squad when I was a canoe instructor. ( from Das Boot, as he spent most of his time underwater). 
Welvis, chef I worked alongside. ( short for Welsh Elvis aka Shakey…bloke had the DT’s like Michael J Fox)

• Haha 1

'Balou' = He only ever did the bare necessities at work.

'Redbull' = ironically called because it's full of energy and he err, wasn't.

'New Kid' = Had been at the place for 30 years but kept getting moved shifts, different departments etc by managers because he was always too busy chewing the fat with everyone rather than doing his job.

'Turkish delight' = A lad who ended up going to NUFC games with the gaffer and up his arse a bit. Why Turkish delight? The gaffer's name was Easton. The kid was full of eastern promise. 

'The eye of Sauron' = This kid misses fuck all and knows the exact time you went for a break and when you got back.

Probably a few more but that's off the top of my head. :D

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

The Iron Lung - wore a way OTT respirator mask for welding.

The Bell - a lass with a figure of the same name

Used to work with a wife referred to as the Christmas Tree (in retrospect she might’ve been the wife of Christmas Tree). Her body just kept getting wider until it reached a pair of short, trunk-like legs 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

The Iron Lung - wore a way OTT respirator mask for welding.

The Bell - a lass with a figure of the same name

Welding fumes cause cancer so he was probably the smartest person at your work

The Coaster- a particularly nasty and self important building manager in one of the BT call centres we used to have contracted. 
I’d send the lads in to see her, warning them about her behaviour, and just before they’d go in I’d tell them,

“ Oh, by the way, word is her husband likes to lie under the coffee table while she lays a cable on the glass, so try not to picture her doing that” 

• Haha 1

I was at Headley Court in 1989 for just under a year. That was the Combined Forces medical rehabilitation centre.

we had 1 lad who’s lower arms had been taken off in a mortar attack in NI . He was called safe because he was h-armless.

there was a lad who had lost both lower legs in an accident on exercise who was called Alcy. 

There was also a guy who got shot 3 times by his own people when he jumped out of bed during a border contact and grabbed his rifle but forgot he was wearing civvies. He was called mr popular 

Once got talking to some bloke from another department with a mate and as I obviously didn't really know him my mate said off handedly, as the bloke walked away 'Thats such and such, canny lad, he's one of the Jackson five'. When I asked wtf he was was going on about he just explained that throughout the years five bloke's had all been with a married wife working there called Jackson. 'The Jackson five'.

• Haha 2