Rona Recommends

Gemmill

Right. I know we have threads on this sort of stuff but this is specifically for the period we're about to all spend in the house. 

So Netflix, Amazon Prime, normal telly, catch-up. Also any books or series of books that people might enjoy. 

I was checking how hashtags worked in the other thread in the hope that people could tag posts for #ronabooks or TV or whatever so that they could be easily accessed, but that's not how it works. 

So! Do your worst. 

I'll start with Dirty Money on Netflix. Wholly depressing. Enjoy. 

Aye, the one with Jared Kushner was an eye opener. He always seemed like a stand up guy.

The new season of Curb is pretty decent and when you’ve finished that you can just go back and watch all the past series from the beginning. Once you’re through that then this will have all blown over.

Haven't watched it but just spotted the trailer for The English Game on Netflix. Something to do with the origins of professional football in England - drama series by Julian Fellowes.

Think Downton Abbey meets Jossy's Giants. 

I'm enjoying Castle Rock. Its set in the Stephen King universe - not his stories but locales and characters that you'll recognise from the books. 

I'm a couple of episodes in to Season 2 and it seems like it's gonna be an Annie Wilkes origin story (the mad bint from Misery). First episode also included Ace Merrill who was Kiefer Sutherland's bully character from Stand By Me. 

41 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Right. I know we have threads on this sort of stuff but this is specifically for the period we're about to all spend in the house. 

So Netflix, Amazon Prime, normal telly, catch-up. Also any books or series of books that people might enjoy. 

I was checking how hashtags worked in the other thread in the hope that people could tag posts for #ronabooks or TV or whatever so that they could be easily accessed, but that's not how it works. 

So! Do your worst. 

I'll start with Dirty Money on Netflix. Wholly depressing. Enjoy. 

Netflix, load of shite. Amazon, load of shite. BBC iPlayer, not much better. Happy viewing! :good:

;)

• Haha 2

Actually after watching a bit of the very first episode of curb your enthusiasm ages ago I'd give it another go but it's only on Sky/ now. I've got now TV just for the sports paid up front till June, instead of asking for a refund I was prepared to swap it for the entertainment or whatever but there's more chance of SETI getting any evidence of intelligence from space than getting any sign of life from now. Shockingly bad service. Nobody to actually speak to it's virtually all done online.

(This is me to now TV.......)

tenor (5).gif

From that list of football documentaries I listed in the general football blather thread, History of Football - The Beautiful Game, narrated by Terence Stamp is excellent

Tiger King on Netflix. True crime documentary about this bloke:

It follows him and others in the American private zoo business, they’re all absolutely fucking mental and a bunch of total cunts. We watched the Jinx before watching this which I also highly fookin recommend but I know plenty on here have seen that. 

Edited by Howay