Rona Recommends

Gemmill

If you want an eerily prescient image of what we're currently going through Travellers season 2 episodes 5 & 6 from 2017 on Netflix are what you're after. The current Mrs PL is spending her furlough watching it and it's utterly fuckin terrifying :lol:

48 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Sunderland Til I die - Season 2 out now.

Its going to be great

Watched episode 1 yesterday. Honestly, it's impossible to tell if it's a mockumentary or not. That Methven bloke IS David Brent. Best of all we know it has a happy ending. :D

42 minutes ago, Renton said:

Watched episode 1 yesterday. Honestly, it's impossible to tell if it's a mockumentary or not. That Methven bloke IS David Brent. Best of all we know it has a happy ending. :D

And don't forget once you finished laughing at the Makems, you can watch the 05/06 Away game against them in that folder in the 4-4 Arsenal game thread and laugh at them a bit more.

• Like 2

1917 - just in an incredible feat of filmmaking. I liked parasite a lot but this film was robbed of the best picture Oscar.

Quite a good one to watch during these frightening times. Because although things are undoubtedly as bad as they have been in living memory for most of us, we are still lucky compared to the poor sods who lived through the Great War. 

• Like 2

Little Jo.

Flower about a dodgy plant.

It was actually canny in a modern, invasion of the body snatchers kind of way.  Slow pace with eastern dramatic overtones. 

This is quite a crazy story, and apparently there’s a Netflix movie about it. 
( a luxury diving resort set up in Sudan as a front to enable Mossad to rescue Ethiopian Jews in Sudanese refugee camps). 
Red Sea Diving Resort: The holiday village run by spies https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-43702764

• Like 3

in fact, it was so good i just downloaded conversations with friends, her first novel, on my kindle, which has also gripped me straight away. this is a young author who lives up to the hype 

19 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

The Trip To Greece. Another great watch, shame it's the last one with them together. They work so well. Bittersweet this series aswell.

Just started watching the Spanish one (series 3)

• 1 month later...

just finished a little life by hanya yangihara. absolutely gripping, but savagely bleak. it's the first thing i've read for years that kept me awake at night, thinking about it.