The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Who do you reckon, from the current squad, would be the last one hanging on at the club if we do go spending mad?

Almiron, as he's the hardest worker out there each game

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Other side, who is our worst first team player who needs replacing ASAP?

First team, besides the donkey known as Joe Linton?

Squad the ginger Pirlo is finally going to have a sore arse as the door smacks it on his way out.

First team, fuck it could be any number of fullbacks, midfielders and forwards. But looking forward most of all to Rafa walking the over-rated, work shy, mouthy twat that is Shelvey out to the carpark for his taxi he's sharing with the cabbagehead cunt that has decided he's the best option in the midfield.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Keep - Dubravka, Schar, ASM, Almiron, and Lejeune who I think edges Schar as our best centre half when fully fit. Hoy the rest into a bin along with granny face out the back of St James. In all seriousness of course we'll also have to keep other players like Fernandez, who hasn't let us down, and a few others given that you can only rebuild a squad over a fair few windows. Having said that into the bin along with the shite direct hoarding with Carroll, Shelvey who's not athletic enough to be a top six midfield player and a bit of a mardy twat, Gayle, Muto, Krath, Darlow, Elliot, Yedlin, Sterry, Saviet, Atsu and Colback. 

Edited by Polarboy

8 hours ago, Andrew said:

Gayle? Lascelles maybe?

Want rid of Darlow, Manquillo, Yedlin, Lascelles, Clark, Hayden, Shelvey, Ritchie, Carroll, Gayle, Joelinton, Muto, Atsu...

First window will be interesting. Personally I'd keep the Centre Backs and the 'keeper as is. Keep ASM and Almiron. Give the Longstaffs new contracts. Think we should focus on fullbacks and a striker or two, and definitely a central midfielder. 

Yedlin is definitely no worse than Astu or Joelinton.

It will be interesting to see if we can sign a marquee player ala Robinho at City.

Mertens, Zapata, Hamsik, Rondon, Khoulibaly all possibilities who have worked under Rafa 

I don't think there will be utter madness in spending straight away. I've read £800m over two seasons which I can't see. But that is from the twitterati. Haaland would be fucking mint though. 

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Absolutely no chance Lascelles is more of a waste than Shelvey. Yedlin is our worst footballer by some degree unless you count running fast as a skill.

No doubt. But Lascelles is probably our worst defender, and it's an area we've got strength. 

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

We need new fullbacks. If Jetro comes back next season I'd be happy enough with him, but none of the others are good enough. 

52 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I don't think there will be utter madness in spending straight away. I've read £800m over two seasons which I can't see. But that is from the twitterati. Haaland would be fucking mint though. 

As I understand it, we can spend a fortune on fees, but not wages. Unless there are significant changes to FFP because of COVID, I read somewhere it permits a 10% increase a year?

Manchester United    £332 million
Liverpool    £264 million
Manchester City    £260 million
Chelsea    £244 million
Arsenal    £223 million
Tottenham    £148 million
Everton    £89.5 million
Leicester City    £72.62 million
Crystal Palace    £66.8 million
Southampton    £60 million
West Ham United    £57.46 million
Watford    £45.91 million
Burnley    £41.70 million
Bournemouth    £40.44 million
Newcastle United    £37.96 million
Brighton    £36.21 million
Wolves    £32.65 million
Aston Villa    £23.8 million
Norwich City    £13.8 million
Sheffield United    £13.1 million

9 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

We need new fullbacks. If Jetro comes back next season I'd be happy enough with him, but none of the others are good enough. 

we'll take the two liverpool full backs - they will do 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

that hardly seems fair when we have one of the lowest in the league

I'm sure there'll be ways around it. there used to be something where, if you could prove you've a new source of income that will cover the increase, you're allowed to spend what you like, but I'm not sure if that's still  the case. 

34 minutes ago, The Fish said:

As I understand it, we can spend a fortune on fees, but not wages. Unless there are significant changes to FFP because of COVID, I read somewhere it permits a 10% increase a year?

Manchester United    £332 million
Liverpool    £264 million
Manchester City    £260 million
Chelsea    £244 million
Arsenal    £223 million
Tottenham    £148 million
Everton    £89.5 million
Leicester City    £72.62 million
Crystal Palace    £66.8 million
Southampton    £60 million
West Ham United    £57.46 million
Watford    £45.91 million
Burnley    £41.70 million
Bournemouth    £40.44 million
Newcastle United    £37.96 million
Brighton    £36.21 million
Wolves    £32.65 million
Aston Villa    £23.8 million
Norwich City    £13.8 million
Sheffield United    £13.1 million

How accurate is that list? I struggle to believe Palace and Southampton pay nearly double our wage bill 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

• Tom locked this topic