The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

29 minutes ago, Ein said:

Beside Ronaldo... Any interest about juventus players, like Rabiot or Douglas Costa or Aaron Ramsey?

I liked Zidane, Schillachi, Del Piero, Nedved and Baggio. :good:

59 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I liked Zidane, Schillachi, Del Piero, Nedved and Baggio. :good:

Actually one of my favourite player was Alan Shearer.........

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Griffin?

That was my initial thought but I thought I might be getting it wrong as he scored the winner.

I was sat in front rows of the leazes iirc. Close enough to shout abuse at Buffon but far enough away for him to ignore us.

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

That was my initial thought but I thought I might be getting it wrong as he scored the winner.

I was sat in front rows of the leazes iirc. Close enough to shout abuse at Buffon but far enough away for him to ignore us.

I wasn't at the game, Tom. I've no recollection of the incident to be honest. :lol: (Can't even remember where I watched it?)

58 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I just thought he looked mental at Italia 90 especially when he scored. ;)

Ran a close second to Bergomi (in 82) as the oldest looking young lad to ever have played in a World Cup 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tom said:

I think it was Griffinho. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I wasn't at the game, Tom. I've no recollection of the incident to be honest. :lol: (Can't even remember where I watched it?)

I was in Malaga that week and the only place I could find that would show it was a dodgy back-alley bar where I was very much the only person who gave any kind of shit about the match, or indeed football in general, or indeed anything not tangentially related to organised crime. :lol: Was a fun night.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

How Griffin was given that goal I don’t know.

Nicknamed Fred West by the players.

Aye it was going wide until Buffon’s touch if I remember rightly 

On 24/05/2020 at 13:04, Alex said:

Aye it was going wide until Buffon’s touch if I remember rightly 

From what I remember he cut along the from the corner flag,put the ball across and possibly fumbled in by Buffon.
I went to the away game.Flew into Bergamo.Train into Milan and another to Turin.I got talking to Bill Swift ( RIP ) on the transfer bus from the terminal to the plane at Bergamo on the way back. You’ll probably know him from his days of putting buses on for away games.Massive Northern Soul fan.

Just checked it out.Quick free kick near the corner flag.Griffin burst into the box,slid it across the 6 yard box and Buffon somehow pulled it behind him into the box.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sterry was a decent player & a good grafter. Watched him for the U21s  just before the old world closed and we were fired ballsack first into this unforgiving hellscape. 

So yeh good luck to him.

• Tom locked this topic