The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Longstaff is already gone, I think his contract expired yesterday. He was apparently asking for £15k pw, so now we have to spend money to replace him plus whatever wages a new player would want. Fucking useless ownership, but I suppose we’ve known that for 13 fucking years. 

• Like 1

I've no idea if either Long or Shortstaff will turn out to be any good, but with our track record of bringing kids through I'd be off like a shot if I was him.  No doubt money would have been a factor, but who can blame him for holding out for more?

• Like 2

I don’t think Longstaff’s situation was all about money. He wanted a plan as to how he was going to develop and progress and wasn’t satisfied with the response he received.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Howay said:

Longstaff is already gone, I think his contract expired yesterday. He was apparently asking for £15k pw, so now we have to spend money to replace him plus whatever wages a new player would want. Fucking useless ownership, but I suppose we’ve known that for 13 fucking years. 

Good for him. He's got to think of his own career and the only thing keeping him here was his being a local lad who grew up supporting the club. We’re a fucking joke of a club going nowhere bar the inevitable next relegation. If I was advising him I would tell him to leave 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I don’t think Longstaff’s situation was all about money. He wanted a plan as to how he was going to develop and progress and wasn’t satisfied with the response he received.

Aye, I think Nile Ranger was on similar to what he was asking for 

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

Good for him. He's got to think of his own career and the only thing keeping him here was his being a local lad who grew up supporting the club. We’re a fucking joke of a club going nowhere bar the inevitable next relegation. If I was advising him I would tell him to leave 

Completely agree. If I was in his shoes I’d be off too.

Sean looked a good player under Benitez. He’s looked about a stone overweight in more recent appearances. Coincidence probably. Matty looks a completely different type of player though, which is odd given all footballing brothers are normally exactly the same. Take Bobby and Jackie Charlton for example 

• Thanks 1

Doesn't matter if Matty Longstaff goes also his brother, ASM,Dubs and Miggy in fact all them. The club is fucked. 

I wouldn't blame any player for wanting to be away from mike ashley's Newcastle United.

• Like 1

I can’t blame Matty for leaving.

Ive heard Leeds from a few different people. They’ve probably offered him a contract fitting for a professional footballer instead of one for an apprentice.

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Bielsa will improve him leaps and bounds as well. Kind of player that will fit in nicely to their side.

And, he's bound to score against us in a comfortable Leeds win next season.

Leeds aspire to establish themselves as a mid table PL side and will no doubt invest to achieve that.  Our aim is to finish 17th, advertise Sports Direct and turn a profit whilst spending as little as possible on players and facilities.

I can’t imagine why he’s leaving.

It is.

Still a rugby town filled with knobheads who think Yorkshire is God's Own Country (tm) and students. Fucking zany students.

32 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It is.

Still a rugby town filled with knobheads who think Yorkshire is God's Own Country (tm) and students. Fucking zany students.

I don’t think students are really zany anymore tbh 

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don’t think students are really zany anymore tbh 

But people from Leeds haven't changed, right?

• Tom locked this topic