The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

We desperately need full backs, and Lewis is pretty highly rated alongside Max Aarons who was Norwich’s right back, it’ll actually be a good signing imo. 

Fraser and Wilson were a good pairing a couple of seasons back, then it seemed like Fraser either was injured a bunch or form dipped after the Arsenal interest? The positive here is they seem to want to play together as apparently Fraser wants to come to Newcastle to be closer to home, but is wanting us to bring in Wilson, and Wilson prefers us over Villa likely due to our interest in Fraser.

I’m hesitant as always with a relegated pairing like that, but if they can get back some form it’d be a pretty decent few moves in the transfer market. While not massively ambitious or exciting I think this is about the best we could possibly hope from Ashley. A front four of Wilson, with ASM, Almiron, and Fraser behind him would be improved, and take pressure off Joelinton which may help his confidence and play (who knows though). 

Like Carl and AH the lack of match fitness is a worry, but Bruce will have the lads running cross countries which Bob Moncur will be fucking buzzing about. 

Why does he back Bruce with £80m on 4 attacking players since he’s been here but only let Rafa spend £40m on 6/7 attacking players??? And not to mention he wouldn’t back Rafa with more money that he wanted but backs Bruce instead . Killing my self 

Edited by 247

This is good. Has to be an upgrade on our other strikers. Not exactly reaching for the stars but about as good as could be expected 

Edited by Dr Gloom

41 minutes ago, 247 said:

Why does he back Bruce with £80m on 4 attacking players since he’s been here but only let Rafa spend £40m on 6/7 attacking players??? And not to mention he wouldn’t back Rafa with more money that he wanted but backs Bruce instead . Killing my self 

Bruce takes what he is given, Rafa wanted his own players.

Hi guys. Thought I'd venture over from the red side of North London. 

I have a couple of questions as I was intrigued. 

First question Is how reliable is scottwilson from the Echo? I remember in July he said we want ASM and would test Newcastles resolve with a bid. 

Second one is... Obviously with you's signing Fraser and Lewis for that left hand side and Wilson up top for around £35-40M it did have me wondering. Especially during a Covid hit season, is it feasible that Ashley spends 40M or so net in this type of transfer window? I was thinking MAYBE this is set up for Saint Max to move?

I've been to St James Park. Hope you get back to the top soon, best stadium and city ive been to hands down. Deserves european football! 

Edited by FriendlyGooner
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, FriendlyGooner said:

Hi guys. Thought I'd venture over from the red side of North London. 

I have a couple of questions, asking for a 125 million friends as we're intrigued. 

First question Is how reliable is scottwilson from the Echo? I remember in July he said we want ASM and would test Newcastles resolve with a bid. 

Second one is... Obviously with you's signing Fraser and Lewis for that left hand side and Wilson up top for around £35-40M it did have me wondering. Especially during a Covid hit season, is it feasible that Ashley spends 40M or so net in this type of transfer window? I was thinking MAYBE this is set up for Saint Max to move?

I've been to St James Park. Hope you get back to the top soon, best stadium and city ive been to hands down. Deserves european football! 

Nice to meet you. :good:

• Thanks 1

• Tom locked this topic