The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Its totally feasible that ASM could go but I dont think Arsenal could afford him, if the players we are linked with come in and no one leaves then we could have a perfectly boring mid table season.

However Bruceosarus 

We've recently had an offer of 35M plus a player rejected for Aouar. So I think we have the cash.

Our issue atm is having too much shit in our squad. 18 non homegrown players. So to buy just one we need to sell two which is proving hard cos nobody wants our crap.

Edited by FriendlyGooner

6 minutes ago, FriendlyGooner said:

We've recently had an offer of 35M plus a player rejected for Aouar. So I think we have the cash.

Our issue atm is having too much shit in our squad. 18 non homegrown players. So to buy just one we need to sell two which is proving hard cos nobody wants our crap.

Aye but he's our best player by a country mile. He will be expensive even under Ashley, and while you guys will inevitably have the cash, whether you're prepared to overspend on him is another thing.

He's a star though, and fans have really warmed to him for his character too. He'd be a big loss to us. At the same time this club is going nowhere so I kind of hope he manages to escape as soon as possible and go somewhere with some vague hope of winning something.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Aye but he's our best player by a country mile. He will be expensive even under Ashley, and while you guys will inevitably have the cash, whether you're prepared to overspend on him is another thing.

He's a star though, and fans have really warmed to him for his character too. He'd be a big loss to us. At the same time this club is going nowhere so I kind of hope he manages to escape as soon as possible and go somewhere with some vague hope of winning something.

A lot of Gooners didn't want him when we were linked back in July. But I love him, he's explosive and exciting. He reminds me of a younger Zaha but with a way higher ceiling. 

How much do you reckon he'd sell for realistically? 

1 hour ago, FriendlyGooner said:

A lot of Gooners didn't want him when we were linked back in July. But I love him, he's explosive and exciting. He reminds me of a younger Zaha but with a way higher ceiling. 

How much do you reckon he'd sell for realistically? 

If Joelinton is a £40m player then ASM is worth over £100m, but I think Ashley would entertain offers of £40-50m. It would be galling if he did and would negate the otherwise decent business we have done in this window, reaffirming our status as a stepping stone, selling club. 

If we hang on to ASM and Ritchie and sign the Norwich full back, as well as the two from Bournemouth, for the prices mooted, we will have surpassed my expectations for this window and we could hopefully look forward to the new season of mid table mediocrity instead of another relegation battle. 

A lot will depend on whether we retain ASM. He was head and shoulders above the rest last season and we are a much poorer team without him. He’d be a great buy for any club. 

He’ll be under contract for at least another 4 years I imagine and was easily our best player last season after costing us around £20m. I assume you’d have to be looking at a good £40m minimum. Mind if that’s what Joelinton was worth then you’ve got to at least double that. 

The fact that we paid £40m for Joelinton doesn't mean anyone else would have tbf :lol:

I think £40m - £50m is about right in terms of what he's worth within our team, maybe with some add ons. Not sure he's done enough to justify that to a buying club yet though - maybe next summer but I can't really see anyone coming in for him at that level presently.

ooof. bit of a kick in the gonads for joelinton but perhaps it'll be good for him. the club has confirmed that no one expects anything from him as a centre forward, so if he manages to surprise us and show up once or twice a season, it's a bonus. 

14 hours ago, FriendlyGooner said:

Hi guys. Thought I'd venture over from the red side of North London. 

I have a couple of questions as I was intrigued. 

First question Is how reliable is scottwilson from the Echo? I remember in July he said we want ASM and would test Newcastles resolve with a bid. 

Second one is... Obviously with you's signing Fraser and Lewis for that left hand side and Wilson up top for around £35-40M it did have me wondering. Especially during a Covid hit season, is it feasible that Ashley spends 40M or so net in this type of transfer window? I was thinking MAYBE this is set up for Saint Max to move?

I've been to St James Park. Hope you get back to the top soon, best stadium and city ive been to hands down. Deserves european football! 

WTF is the Echo?

40 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

So for forwards we have;

Wilson
Carroll
Fat Joe
Gayle
Muto

Surly we need to be looking at moving Muto on now?

Aye and Carroll should have been away if not for that bizarre extension he got (I assume he was cheap). I reckon we need another striker, even on loan, on top of Wilson. A version of Carroll who doesn’t concede a foul by elbowing centre halves in the chin every time he jumps would help.

• Like 1

• Tom locked this topic