The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

So both ASM and Fraser prefer the left flank, both are right footed and like to cut in, but Fraser is the better crosser so perhaps he could be moved to the right hand side. I presume ASM, Almiron and Fraser will be the three behind Wilson. If we could get a pacy upgrade on Manquillo in the right back position we'd be shaping up to be a very quick side in attack. This is presuming that Lewis's transfer goes through without any last minute hitches. Perhaps this rumour of us being in for Tomiyasu is true, but I highly doubt we'll be paying over 10m for another defender this window. 

9 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

So both ASM and Fraser prefer the left flank, both are right footed and like to cut in, but Fraser is the better crosser so perhaps he could be moved to the right hand side. I presume ASM, Almiron and Fraser will be the three behind Wilson. If we could get a pacy upgrade on Manquillo in the right back position we'd be shaping up to be a very quick side in attack. This is presuming that Lewis's transfer goes through without any last minute hitches. Perhaps this rumour of us being in for Tomiyasu is true, but I highly doubt we'll be paying over 10m for another defender this window. 

But Tomiyasu is center back. He played (and very very very well) as Right Back in Italy but his best position is center back because he is powerfull in the air and he has a good touching ball. 

48 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

But Tomiyasu is center back. He played (and very very very well) as Right Back in Italy but his best position is center back because he is powerfull in the air and he has a good touching ball. 

He played as a centre back in Belgium and back in Japan, but he played a full season bar three games as a right back in Italy, where he got a goal and three assists in 28 league games. As a 21 year old player his consistent position is still a bit up for decision, but having that versatility is no bad thing of course. He can also play in defensive midfield. He is tall for a right back, but he has the speed and footballing skills to be a very good wing back according to his stats. It depends on how Bruce lines up, but he seems like he'd be good in a 5 as one of the three CB or a right wing back, and a flat back four at either centre back or right back.

Edited by Polarboy

toon signings like london buses - good stuff. 

is there an ASM to Arsenal sting in the tail to take the edge of what has been a pretty good transfer window, as far as our recent history goes? 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

toon signings like london buses - good stuff. 

is there an ASM to Arsenal sting in the tail to take the edge of what has been a pretty good transfer window, as far as our recent history goes? 

Nah we talked it through with that Arsenal fan and we've decided not to sell for now as they're not willing to pay £40m. 

Perhaps Ashley has decided that the only way that the club gets sold is if he manages to break into the top 6 in order to finally hold some manner of influence over the PL.

Edited by Rayvin

I’m still not giving Ashley any credit for this btw.

We only signed 3 loans in January, all of which have left now. So we’ve spent £35mil across 2 transfer windows. Half that if you include the £17mil we got for nowt off PIF. I reckon the club is still in the black and Ashley hasn’t added a penny 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I’m still not giving Ashley any credit for this btw.

We only signed 3 loans in January, all of which have left now. So we’ve spent £35mil across 2 transfer windows. Half that if you include the £17mil we got for nowt off PIF. I reckon the club is still in the black and Ashley hasn’t added a penny 

We’ve also released a load of players including Colback. This is all about having some head room on wages because about 10 players have left since 1 July. It’s not remotely ambitious but no suprises there.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kitman said:

We’ve also released a load of players including Colback. This is all about having some head room on wages because about 10 players have left since 1 July. It’s not remotely ambitious but no suprises there.

It’s all relative though. Compared to other windows we’ve had to endure under the cunt, it feels widely ambitious.

Still plenty of time for a sting in the tail to bring us hurtling back to reality. 

46 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s all relative though. Compared to other windows we’ve had to endure under the cunt, it feels widely ambitious.

Still plenty of time for a sting in the tail to bring us hurtling back to reality. 

I'll judge the transfer window when it's closed, I just don't trust ashley and I wouldn't be suprised if he sells ASM and makes a profit during the window. That said, I'm happy with the players he has brought in.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Well you’re right if you’re comparing us to ourselves, but that probably only serves to highlight the lack of ambition in previous windows. Still something is better than nothing, which is what I expected tbh. Maybe Ashley will surprise us with a wild trophy signing....

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

This.

• Tom locked this topic