The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

According to nufcblog this Romano lad has gotten a number of transfer stories right this summer, so who knows. I didn't think Ashley would sanction a player like Wilson being signed, so I could easily be wrong again. The question is what has changed with Lille since we supposedly had a bid accepted in January iirc, and does the player even want to leave, or at least come to us if he does. It seemed as though he wasn't too hot on the idea back at the start of the year, reading between the lines. Who could blame him I suppose. He likely has it planned out that he'll move to the Premier when one of the top six bid for him. The only way I could see this as a possibility is if Ashley has literally said a season or two and then we flog you for a profit to one of the top six, which I'm sure has happened with some of our previous players. It does of course promote a mercenary culture around the club if that's the case. If by some miracle we do sign this lad Bruce is literally going to have to suck Ashley and Penfold off in public to show his gratitude, going by how thankful he was for transfers that would be seen as the bare minimum at a lot of clubs, certainly ones of our stature and relative wealth.  

5 hours ago, The Fish said:

Darlow getting a long contract is odd, he's not going to be 1st choice as long as Dubravka is still here.

Aye and with Woodman looking promising he’s probably not even going to make the bench next season.

8 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Everyone seems to be cock-a-hoop over Hayden and while I accept he’s handy, he should have had an improvement in front of him years ago

Absolutely. He’s bang average. As is Jeff Hendrick. I’d rather give the Longstaff’s a go tbh

I like the Longstaffs,  but Matty isn’t physical enough and Sean isn’t mobile enough. 

If we are playing those two as the holding midfielders behind a number 10 we get ran over every week imo.

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

A fucking terrier :lol:

He spends half the game rolling around clutching his leg 

It's true. His heart's a few sizes larger than his body.

Hy guys, if I well understood new players will be Rogerio and Callum Wilson. Am I right?  I know quite good the first... Good left full back, very fast and with decent defensive skills. The best is when he's attacking.  As he's fast, he can easily get the headland and triying to pass to the forward, with hight or low cross. Not bad also in free kick, with left foot.

Edited by Ein
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I’m willing to bet your surname isn’t Stein :cuppa:

Obviously not... I'm Italian. My first team is Juventus, but I like Newcastle, as well. I was a fan of Alan Shearer :) 

• Tom locked this topic