The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

12 hours ago, ewerk said:

Well if it meant getting Eddie Howe in I’d be happy with that. 

He’d be an improvement on Lascelles.

Eddie Howe gets the usual great PR from the sock puppets in the football media that English managers always get but he's about as mediocre as the rest of them. He can't drill a defence, went months on end at least twice without a win etc....am fairly certain we're only being linked with him because he hasn't got a job anyway...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I agree but his teams tend to have some form of attacking fluency, at least. No chance I’d put him in charge of spending money though.

Wouldn't worry about that.

31 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I've been trying to think of a time when we had a midfield worse than we have now.  I think I have to go back to my first ever game when we had Gary Megson and Pat Heard playing.

gary megson, cloughie reckoned he couldn't trap a medicine ball.

incidentally, the megson/heard partnership was more notable for being the era of the most viscous snowball fight in history between the scoreboard and corner of the gallowgate.

the corner won.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

gary megson, cloughie reckoned he couldn't trap a medicine ball.

incidentally, the megson/heard partnership was more notable for being the era of the most viscous snowball fight in history between the scoreboard and corner of the gallowgate.

the corner won.

I got whacked right on the end of my hooter with a snow(ice) ball. Took the skin right off. Nearly shat a brick! Smacked the bloke next to me bang on the ear. 

2 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Pat Heard.European Cup Winner.Not many people know that.Save yourselves some time and don’t bother checking.

That’s the first European Cup final I can remember seeing although my overriding memory is Nigel Spink coming on as sub after about 10 mins 

I remember Megson playing at SJP for Sheff Wed once.I cannot remember whether Big Jack or Sgt Wiko was manager but they were renowned for playing the long ball.Everytime he received the ball he flicked it up and wellied it as high and as far as he could towards our box.Sounds like it must have been Big Jack as manager.

• Tom locked this topic