The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

3 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Shaw? Did Cropley play.

I can barely remember. I was only 7. But I remember the likes of Spink, Cowans and Withe from being at Villa later that decade too. 

I can’t remember exactly what happened but Ron Saunders fell out with the board (was it Deadly Doug back then?) over a lack of ambition after they won the league I think. They went on to win the European Cup anyway but the club soon fell behind the likes of Liverpool, Ipswich and Everton 

Edited by Alex

I was once at Villa away (when we won 1-0 after Babayaro got a red card due to a Boumsong fuck up) and saw Doug Ellis glide into the car park driving his Rolls Royce and waving to fans like the Queen

4 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

I got whacked right on the end of my hooter with a snow(ice) ball. Took the skin right off. Nearly shat a brick! Smacked the bloke next to me bang on the ear. 

235B64F9-5641-43BD-B2BD-0C61F7ACBF34.gif

• Haha 4

Aarons is still only 25. Feels like he's been at the club forever. Showed flashes of talent, but end of the day, if he couldn't break into our first team regularly he'll never be Premier League quality.

39 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Aarons is still only 25. Feels like he's been at the club forever. Showed flashes of talent, but end of the day, if he couldn't break into our first team regularly he'll never be Premier League quality.

He looked like he was made of balsa wood. Seemed to be forever injured. 

Wasn’t Josh King the lad who relegated the mackems to the championship? 

We should sign him and Darren Bent and just give them a corporate box to sit in.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Typical NUFC to drop £15mil on a LB and replace him 6months later with a LB we could have had for peanuts in the first place..

Ordinarily I would hope Lewis was bought with one eye on the future, but it's not like he's going to improve under Bruce's watch 

23 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Lewis doesn’t want to defend so he isn’t.Getting in a defensive position doesn’t mean you’re defending.He’s the biggest coward at the club and wears the number 3 shirt in my all time worst eleven.I haven’t seen enough of him attacking,maybe down to Brucey’s instructions.

Fill out the team sheet, so we'll all properly aware of your hierarchy of cowardice.

• Haha 2

• Tom locked this topic