The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

24 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don’t even know who this kid is we’ve signed.

A big change is that we’ve nobody worth selling so nobody is scared of losing anyone :lol: 

From what little I've seen Willock is a definite improvement on what we've got in central midfield, at least from an attacking sense, not that it would be a challenge at present. He seems to have that natural timing of arriving in the box at the right time. Of course I won't piss my knickers over him too much until I see him play some minutes for us.

Edited by Polarboy

3 hours ago, Polarboy said:

From what little I've seen Willock is a definite improvement on what we've got in central midfield, at least from an attacking sense, not that it would be a challenge at present. He seems to have that natural timing of arriving in the box at the right time. Of course I won't piss my knickers over him too much until I see him play some minutes for us.

To be fair most of the time our midfielders need to be arriving in their own defensive box, even with Arsenal's terrible season by their own standards that's not the case there. 

18 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

From my gooner mate...the fuckin cockney  twat....

Screenshot_20210201-140940_WhatsApp.jpg

My Gooner mate says similar.

"He's actually very good, I think he'll do well for you".

34 minutes ago, Alex said:

Fish referring to stuff he’s read on some forum as his ‘mate’ again I see 

Twat. He is a real friend, he just goes to a different school.

• Haha 4

They love resigning players or extending contracts of players they shouldn't as it saves the hassle of actually going out and spending time and money getting new players. The mediocrity is everywhere at NUFC. It stinks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BBC Gossip says we've been offered Daniel Sturridge who can sign on a free until the end of the season. But based on the above posts, Atsu took the last space in the squad? 

So to surmise, I have absolutely no idea why I'm posting this. 

• Haha 2

:lol: I thought similar about the squad registration when I saw that story, I thought the only way we could register players is if there was some ‘emergency’ dispensation given. Much like the one we should have got when all our goalkeepers were injured, but it turns out that our crack admin team, of Lee Charnley and his favorite pencil case, had registered Karl Darlow before sending him back to Nottingham Forest on loan meaning we technically had a non-injured registered goal keeper on the books, so we had to play Jak Alnwick in nets. 

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Wilson to replace Harry-Kane at Tottenham
Remember where you heard it first.

BBC2......21.00......2024......

Paxman: "When Harry Kane was transferred to Manchester United in 2022 and was replaced by Callum Wilson from Newcastle United, who first broke the news?"

[MAGDALEN, TORRANCE-SMYTH!!]

Torrance-Smyth: "Omm, was it BillyMarraFTM on twitter?"

Paxman: "Close but wrong, it was essembee on toontastic".

• Haha 5

Was it fuck. When he’s not shooting defenceless animals or trying not to stare at Kirsty Allsopp’s tits our man Phil Spencer has his finger on the pulse.

CD3AC106-238A-4080-AB86-413E14634956.jpeg

5 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Think Spurs have too many delusions of grandeur to sign Kane’s replacement from a lowly Premier League side.

Dunno like. Liverpool look keen to shift Origi.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Willems coming back apparently. There’s a new line in the sand with our fans; if you think he’s good, you’re a fucking idiot. If you rightfully realise he was shit, then you’re alright 

On 15/01/2020 at 13:31, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Willems. Some decent attacking play doesn’t excuse his nonexistent defensive ability. I agree he’d do a job in midfield though but he’s got Shelvey and the Longstaffs in front of him, I imagine

On 08/05/2020 at 14:26, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Fernandez, Almiron, Saint-Maximin, Dubravka and the Longstaffs are the only ones I could see hanging around a decent squad for a good period of time. I would begrudgingly take Willems for a bit if someone told him that he's allowed to block crosses. I suppose with the right coaching, Lascelles could get back to being the tank of old and he does seem like a very effective on-pitch leader, especially when our backs are against the wall. I'd be willing to give Joelinton another year just to see, as said, if there's any chance he could improve. Plus, he cost 40 million and that's probably enough for most people to try and persist with him for a bit. Give Carroll the "Terry Mac" ceremonial position of putting the bets on and putting the cones out. 

On 18/01/2020 at 18:12, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I apologise to Willems because this Krafth is hilariously out of his depth.

I mean ...

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

• Tom locked this topic