The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Edwards is clueless tbh, I’m not going to give him the benefit of thinking he’s a WUM I’m just going to accept what he says as if he actually thinks it. Why does he relentlessly compare Bruce to Benitez? Especially when he basically tries to imply Benitez did a shit job, matching the efforts of a newly promoted side after spending 80m or so on attacking players isn’t exactly the ringing endorsement Edwards seems to think. Much like Pardew I can’t accept using lack of signings as a defence when the blokes themselves constantly defend Ashley over said lack of signings. 

Also he can absolutely fuck off going on about it being joyless if this is what the fans think is funny. Again blaming the fan base, maybe what’s joyless is Mike fucking Ashley going in to year 13 of ownership of this club and Steve Bruce, a woefully unqualified and fucking shit manager, going into season 3, maybe it’s the uninspired fucking shit football that Bruce has the side playing? Nah blame the fans that have travelled miles to watch the side lose to fucking Rotherham. What an absolute fucking prick he is, why doesn’t he do us all a favor and fuck off and cover some other club the miserable little wank. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Howay said:

Edwards is clueless tbh, I’m not going to give him the benefit of thinking he’s a WUM I’m just going to accept what he says as if he actually thinks it. Why does he relentlessly compare Bruce to Benitez? Especially when he basically tries to imply Benitez did a shit job, matching the efforts of a newly promoted side after spending 80m or so on attacking players isn’t exactly the ringing endorsement Edwards seems to think. Much like Pardew I can’t accept using lack of signings as a defence when the blokes themselves constantly defend Ashley over said lack of signings. 

Also he can absolutely fuck off going on about it being joyless if this is what the fans think is funny. Again blaming the fan base, maybe what’s joyless is Mike fucking Ashley going in to year 13 of ownership of this club and Steve Bruce, a woefully unqualified and fucking shit manager, going into season 3, maybe it’s the uninspired fucking shit football that Bruce has the side playing? Nah blame the fans that have travelled miles to watch the side lose to fucking Rotherham. What an absolute fucking prick he is, why doesn’t he do us all a favor and fuck off and cover some other club the miserable little wank. 

Edwards, and his ilk, pin their entire argument on Bruce achieving a similar points total to Benitez, but disregard the context. As if the fans should shut up and be happy that we're not relegated. With the amount that's been spent, and more importantly the caliber of players available to us, we should be able to do better than we did shortly after promotion. 

We're all idiots, and yet we could all see that the best way to get points with this team was to play a pressing, counter attack style. To use the movement of the attacking players (Wilson/Almiron/ASM) and the solid defence left by RB to ensure we're hard to beat, at the very least.

The football under Bruce has, on the whole, been bad. Even with the additions of quality players like Wilson, Saint Maximin, etc.

We've been told he's a great fan of running stats, but we don't press.

We were told he'd make us play more attractive football, but by and large, we're more passive and defensive than we were under famously pragmatic Benitez, let alone McClaren, Pardew, et al. 

He's a great motivator, right? Yet we've had numerous stories of discord on the training ground, listless performances and so on.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Really is starting to look like we’re just waiting to find out who the “big, big clubs” don’t want so we can hoover up their shite. Eddie Nketiah, come on down 

Axel Foley or something. I wasn’t far off 

17 hours ago, Isegrim said:
Things might turn nasty quickly if the club doesn’t get its act together.

Could this be the week that the club gets the hang of this footballing lark?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

This goes back to what Howay was saying. If he’s genuinely happy having one PL-quality centre forward then the manager's a fucking moron. If he’s not then why’s he defending the owner by making out we have adequate cover? And if Luke Edwards can’t see the problem then he’s cut from the same cloth 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

The fuck are you on about?

Saying that the football under Brunce has "on the whole, been bad" is putting a positive spin on things.

That said the hole that Bruce has been hardest on is his own after a big beef madras bender.

20 hours ago, The Fish said:

Recent 6yr deal, would take north of £50m to get him, surely.

They spent 30 mill a piece on Godfrey and Kean, they’ll have the money to spill on Saint-Maximin. Plus, if I was Rafa and felt vindictive,  I’d sign our best player away from us as well.

On 30/07/2021 at 13:20, The Fish said:

Recent 6yr deal, would take north of £50m to get him, surely.

I.think.the only.way asm is worth north of £50m is if you're using joelinton's £40m price tag as a barometer. too inconsistent and reckon that would remain the case even with better players around him.

weird one with benitez, not sure how he'd feel about buying him, would he be happy to buy the player which effectively saw sports direct fc relegated or would he be pissed off at the idea of ashley pocketing £34m profit?

personally I'd like to see him sold on deadline day, anything really to be honest that might piss off the zombie fans that are happy to pay and sit in silence while ashley laughs at them and dry fucks their arses.

Edited by thebrokendoll

Are Arsenal asking too much ( for us ) for Willock which is holding up other players coming in who we’ll have to shell out for? Brucey coming out with the ‘no bids for anyone yet’ comment isn’t really a surprise,is it? Arsenal know we want/need him so you cannot blame them.A heavy defeat to West Ham is deffo on the cards,with or without Willock.

• Tom locked this topic