The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Can’t sign anyone until we see if we can get someone in on loan? It would be a ludicrous situation at just about every other PL club so it’s likely the case at this club 

39 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can’t sign anyone until we see if we can get someone in on loan? It would be a ludicrous situation at just about every other PL club so it’s likely the case at this club 

That's it. Why spend £20mil on Willock if we can get him on loan for another season. And why get him in loan at the start of the Summer if we can save 3 months wages and loan him at the end.

Ashley's sole aim is to run the club with as little outlay as possible until the court case is over. And if we lose the court case then he will continue doing his best to make us a cost neutral exercise. What a time to be alive 

• Like 2

I’ve got used to these pitiful transfer windows so I’ve got no expectation whatsoever. I don’t bother with any transfer gossip, in our case it’ll definitely be made up.

4 minutes ago, Kitman said:

It’s a perfect scenario for Bruce. If things go well, he’s a genius. If things go badly, its not his fault….

Especially as he’s already done a ‘great job’ 

14 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Irons in the fire. Last minute loans or whatever is left in the bargain basement then 

Imagine the calibre of team we could put together based on the Ashley era irons in the fire. Probably quite shit still, but my what a pleasure just to ponder on the mystery of it all.

• Haha 3

On 31/07/2021 at 09:47, Ayatollah Hermione said:

They spent 30 mill a piece on Godfrey and Kean, they’ll have the money to spill on Saint-Maximin. Plus, if I was Rafa and felt vindictive,  I’d sign our best player away from us as well.

Maybe, I dunno though. I don't think ASM is Benitez' kind of player, I don't think they'd spend £50m on ASM, and I don't think we'd sell him unless the bid is ridiculous.

On 01/08/2021 at 09:28, Kitman said:

I’ve got used to these pitiful transfer windows so I’ve got no expectation whatsoever. I don’t bother with any transfer gossip, in our case it’ll definitely be made up.

Yet the Chronicle still run stories about players 'we've been linked to' applying zero thought to the story. e.g. there's a £50m defender who Man City, among others, are after and a 28yr old. Ashley's Newcastle are not spending £50m on a player and they're not buying a 28yr old.

• Like 1

West Ham at home,Villa away and Southampton at home.Our three games before the transfer window closes.Maybe 3 points from those fixtures,possibly only one ,and that point against Southampton.If Brucey does bring players in at the last minute,we play Southampton on the 29th August,will they they be match fit? If not,it could be October before they are in a position to make a start.In September we play Man Utd away,Leeds at home then home to Watford.Another 3 points max? 6 points from the first 6 games a distinct possibility,or less?

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

Lejeune
Atsu
Carroll
Saviet
Muto

Sorensen

All left, not one player has been signed...this is fuckin sensational even by Ashley's standards 😅😅😅😅

Tbf none of them featured to much extent  last season but the other side of that is there's not a lot of wages saved ..

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Lejeune
Atsu
Carroll
Saviet
Muto

Sorensen

All left, not one player has been signed...this is fuckin sensational even by Ashley's standards 😅😅😅😅

Tbf none of them featured to much extent  last season but the other side of that is there's not a lot of wages saved ..

I dunno,

Lejeune, Muto, Saivet will have been on decent wages.

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Lejeune
Atsu
Carroll
Saviet
Muto

Sorensen

Let's not forget our second top goalscorer, Willock, also gone from the squad.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Let's not forget our second top goalscorer, Willock, also gone from the squad.

Who is apparently having second thoughts about joining permanently even if we do get a bid accepted. Who’d have thought showing this little fucking ambition would be unattractive to players. I still think there’s a chance ASM leaves late, and with them two gone we are completely fucked. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

They were all out on loan last season  Dave... 

Yeah, but do you reckon those clubs were paying all of their wages?

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Yeah, but do you reckon those clubs were paying all of their wages?

Seeing as I have the feeling that we’re not the biggest payers in the league and not recalling any reports to the contrary id suggest that we weren’t paying a proportion of their wages...

Edited by PaddockLad

For the first and most likely last time I'm going to have to agree with The Fish. The club definitely couldn't have got them out on loan without sharing the wage bill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Seeing as I have the feeling that we’re not the biggest payers in the league and not recalling any reports to the contrary id suggest that we weren’t paying a proportion of their wages...

Isn't Saivet on a wedge? I don't even know what shit probably french club he was on loan at but I doubt they were paying him in full

• Tom locked this topic