The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

7 hours ago, 247 said:

If Willock wants to sign for us then I dont want him because that would mean that hes retarded 

That he'd want to go somewhere and play constantly where he is celebrated by the fans, players and management instead of rotting away on a bench not developing during key years in a limited career lifespan, yeah, clearly mentally deficient.

8 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Probably Phil Jones 

Don't say things like that.  I have been desperately trying to persuade myself that we would not be quite that stupid.  My only hope is that his wage demands will give MA a heart attack (which I suppose may be a win/win).

7 hours ago, OTF said:

That he'd want to go somewhere and play constantly where he is celebrated by the fans, players and management instead of rotting away on a bench not developing during key years in a limited career lifespan, yeah, clearly mentally deficient.

Because he won't have options other than us

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Have the carcuses of the relegated teams been stripped yet? A few more cut price losers to add to last years. Can we field a relegated XI yet?

Billing is going to Norwich and I’ve always thought he was handy so it stands to reason that we’re ignoring him and looking at “Jason Knight” whoever the fuck he is

14 hours ago, OTF said:

OR come to a club that employs Steve Bruce as manager in 2021, would spend very little on players to improve the team around him, has absolutely no ambition to do anything than stay up every year, has fans at constant war with the owner and rightfully so, need I go on?

I still can't work out why we want another centreback.  We have Lascelles, Schar, Fernandez, Clark and Dummett or Hayden who could easily fill in before we had to resort to Krafth or Watts.  How many do we need?

Whereas when Wilson inevitably picks up an injury we're now down to Joelinton and Gayle who keep proving they're not up to this level.  The need for midfielder is obvious but so is the need for extra up front yet our glorious leaders still can't grasp this.  Absolutely staggering.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I still can't work out why we want another centreback.  We have Lascelles, Schar, Fernandez, Clark and Dummett or Hayden who could easily fill in before we had to resort to Krafth or Watts.  How many do we need?

Whereas when Wilson inevitably picks up an injury we're now down to Joelinton and Gayle who keep proving they're not up to this level.  The need for midfielder is obvious but so is the need for extra up front yet our glorious leaders still can't grasp this.  Absolutely staggering.

Could do with an upgrade but there’s not a chance we’ll pay the money so I agree, might as well stick with the group that know each other, at least.

11 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Could do with an upgrade but there’s not a chance we’ll pay the money so I agree, might as well stick with the group that know each other, at least.

We could do with an upgrade in every position in the playing, managerial & coaching and administration staff but we absolutely need reinforcements in midfield and up front.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Depends on what's in it for the management team? 

The more I watch the way certain clubs act in the transfer market the more I'm convinced its mostly all bent, brown envelopes are more important than the needs of the squad. See signing Ba & Cisse within months of each other....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trooper said:

Grealish medical at City is complete 

Thank fuck, I was getting worried. That stand that was put up at the Strawberry must be for a Messi unveiling after all

Edited by 247
  • Haha 1

Just reading 19 Premier league teams have spent over £700  million between them so far on 63 players. Newcastle United are the only Premier league club to have spent nothing & signed nobody. It's pathetic

• Tom locked this topic