The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Who does actually care about it?

I only just realised about it being just one week until the season starts but it’s not even worrying me.

It’s going to be another shitshow regardless of us signing new players or not.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, 247 said:

Tuanzebe signs for Villa on loan. If Willock fobs us off I'm not convinced Bruce has any other targets.

We will be into the realms of loaning cast offs that didn't make it into other teams squads. Ie: Doumbia, Ferreya, Bentaleb, Slimani, Barreca, Lazaro...

Arsenal head coach Mikel Arteta refused to be drawn on the absence of Joe Willock, who continues to be linked with a move to Newcastle.

“With Joe, will explain the reasons when we can,” he said. “That’s all I can say now, when I can say more I will let you know.”

We'll find out by tomorrow that Villa have signed Willock by offering the actual asking price instead of less than half. But yeah it definitely seems like he's going, but again given past and present experience it's best not to bet the house on it. 

Bruce the other day

We are in a market where we are looking for players with very little transfer fee, or obviously the loan market.

“Which we have done well, in the past.

Apparently Arsenal want £25 million minimum for Joe Willock. 

18 minutes ago, trooper said:

Bruce the other day

We are in a market where we are looking for players with very little transfer fee, or obviously the loan market.

“Which we have done well, in the past.

Apparently Arsenal want £25 million minimum for Joe Willock. 

Yeah the only thing I can think of, whereby we could actually get him, is if we get him on loan with an obligation to buy next season. Fatley might be thinking it will be someone else's problem by then, please God. Or I suppose we could try to structure the payments over a few years. The least likely is perhaps Bruce being told to plead absolute poverty in order to try and not get fleeced over fees in the window. 

Aye, when you’ve got Guardiola pleading poverty then spunking £100m on a boy band reject with learning disabilities you learn to ignore much of what managers say about transfers.

What I don’t get is why Ashley is happy to spunk £40m on BUJ, but won’t pay the going rate for a kid who saved our season and proved he can play at PL level

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

What I don’t get is why Ashley is happy to spunk £40m on BUJ, but won’t pay the going rate for a kid who saved our season and proved he can play at PL level

Steve Nickson, genius that he is, likely told Ashley that it was a sure thing we could flog him after a few years for double the price. That of course is what all this under 25 craic is about. 

They'll probably offer about £15 million for Willock & then say they tried. 7 days to go until the West Ham game & not 1 single player has been signed. I'll be really surprised if St Maximum hangs around, given he's made his feelings known about the lack of ambition from the club.

Edited by trooper

What a fucking faff on btw, even if he does sign the fact it’s took this fucking long to sign a bloke that for our side is a complete no brainer of a signing, and is basically unneeded at Arsenal (in their view anyway) while basically running his contract down. 

They also seem pretty much incapable of going after multiple targets at the same time, Charnley must work an hour a day the useless puppet cunt. 

• Like 2

• Tom locked this topic