The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

They also seem pretty much incapable of going after multiple targets at the same time, Charnley must work an hour a day the useless puppet cunt. 

To be fair the thumb headed slobs lunch break probably starts at 9am

Edited by 247
  • Haha 2

Apparently Southampton want Armstrong from Blackburn. Blackburn value him at £25 million (probably take 20) from what I've been told Ashley stands to get 40% of whatever Blackburn get for Armstrong. Knock that off the price of Willock they won't have even paid £20 million 

51 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

So we’re back to last season’s ’strength’ with a squad that includes TOT,Lewis The Coward,BUJ7 and Hendrick.Still time for Brucey to bring in loan signings and free transfers inferior to the clowns I’ve mentioned above.

Not even back to last seasons strength. Atsu, Carroll, Muto and Lejeune were all options off the bench that we've lost 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Not even back to last seasons strength. Atsu, Carroll, Muto and Lejeune were all options off the bench that we've lost 

Aside from Lejeune, the other three were just useful for keeping the seats warm..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

So we’re back to last season’s ’strength’ with a squad that includes TOT,Lewis The Coward,BUJ7 and Hendrick.Still time for Brucey to bring in loan signings and free transfers inferior to the clowns I’ve mentioned above.

Disappointed that Hendrick doesn’t have a nickname

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 247 said:

It’s strange no other clubs came in for him

Exactly my thought. The likes of Wolves and even Everton (if the rumours are true) seem like they would be crying out for a midfielder like him and not a peep after a fantastic loan spell. Especially when we’ve dragged our heels the way we have. And now we have a week and a half to get the players we need on other positions. Great planning 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Exactly my thought. The likes of Wolves and even Everton (if the rumours are true) seem like they would be crying out for a midfielder like him and not a peep after a fantastic loan spell. Especially when we’ve dragged our heels the way we have. And now we have a week and a half to get the players we need on other positions. Great planning 

It’s not as if we’ve offered wages the scouse makems or Wolves couldn’t match.I’ll reserve judgment on Willock until the end of next season.

12 hours ago, Kitman said:

Disappointed that Hendrick doesn’t have a nickname

TSFOAN. Too Shit For a Nickname. I'm sure it will catch on.

My vote would be TIM - The Invisible Man.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The 40% sell on clause is looking like a good bit of business.

Which is effectively pointless in the context of moving the club forward under current ownership.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OTF said:

TSFOAN. Too Shit For a Nickname. I'm sure it will catch on.

My vote would be TIM - The Invisible Man.

I feel like Chickhen Shit or Hendick is more SMB’s style

17 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Lejeune and Muto were out on loan all last season, Atsu was only available for half the season (but didn't play) as he didn't get a squad place for the first half and on the odd ocasion that Carroll was fit, bagpuss still wouldn't play him even when Wilson was out.  So if we do get Willock we're not really down on last season.  Technically we still have Woodman and Watts available to so you could argue we are up.

It's still not near enough when you see the amount Hendrick and Gayle have had to play in preseason mind.

• Like 1

i don't mind gayle as a third or fourth choice striker. we need some competition for wilson though as there is a massive drop in quality when he's out injured. getting rondon back would be great - he offers something different plus and you could potentially play those two together in a front two.

• Tom locked this topic