The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i don't mind gayle as a third or fourth choice striker. we need some competition for wilson though as there is a massive drop in quality when he's out injured. getting rondon back would be great - he offers something different plus and you could potentially play those two together in a front two.

Rondon would probably live up here, he loves the place. But I very much doubt he'll play for Newcastle again though.

3 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Lejeune and Muto were out on loan all last season, Atsu was only available for half the season (but didn't play) as he didn't get a squad place for the first half and on the odd ocasion that Carroll was fit, bagpuss still wouldn't play him even when Wilson was out.  So if we do get Willock we're not really down on last season.  Technically we still have Woodman and Watts available to so you could argue we are up.

It's still not near enough when you see the amount Hendrick and Gayle have had to play in preseason mind.

7 minutes ago, trooper said:

Just reading Man Utd could be making a late offer for Messi. He refused to confirm he'd join PSG yesterday

I reckon it's a done deal. Talk of unveiling him at the Eiffel Tower. They've got Neymar and a few argies playing for them 

17 hours ago, Tom said:

Very underwhelming, he’s absolutely wasted in France.

He's got a chance of winning a few more domestic trophies and potentially the Champions League, all the time living in Paris and playing with Mbappe and Neymar etc. Not sure he'd fancy the Premier League, living in rainy Cheshire and playing with Fred and Matic.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

He's got a chance of winning a few more domestic trophies and potentially the Champions League, all the time living in Paris and playing with Mbappe and Neymar etc. Not sure he'd fancy the Premier League, living in rainy Cheshire and playing with Fred and Matic.

Paris is a shithole tbh 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Messi going to France is basically semi-retirement and that’s a FACTAMUNDO

Wherever he chose would be semi-retirement.

Gray, Townsend, Begovic, and maybe after Longstaff. In fairness to Everton fans I'd be pretty fucked off with their transfer business so far. Not that we are pulling up any trees obviously, but at least Willock's signing is an exciting prospect for the future. Of course maybe Rafa can work his magic on Longstaff again and turn him back into the player who Man U were looking at. 

Yeah but they are at best sideways moves, if not backward ones when you consider that James is likely on his way out. There is literally no excitement about any of those signings, at least at present. The only hope is if that Rafa can get Townsend and Longstaff playing as well as they did under him. And of course Everton fans were only a short while ago under the impression that they were in the big time with Ancellotti and an owner who supposedly has big pockets. I can only assume that the pandemic has hit the clubs finances hard. Then again I thought fair play rules were more or less suspended at present. 

Edited by Polarboy

Aye, I think the reality is that they’ve overspent on absolute shite in recent years and James will be on some wage packet. I think they have the core of a good team; good keeper, solid centre halves, great left back, two quality strikers and Allan and Doucoure are two players that Rafa will absolutely get the best out of. Not a lot of depth but I think they’ll have a good season, wouldn’t shock me to see them finish above a Kane-less Spurs

Where Everton and Spurs finish will be interesting, but I wouldn't bet against Espirito Santo. He at the very least has better squad depth at Spurs if not flat our a better squad compared to Wolves, and if Kane leaves it looks like they'll be spending the money on Vlahovic or Martinez. If they get one of those two along with Son, who's obviously a quality player, and Nuno gets Dele Ali into some form, which wouldn't surprise me, then Spurs could have a surprisingly decent season. 

• Tom locked this topic