The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

6 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Aye, I think the reality is that they’ve overspent on absolute shite in recent years and James will be on some wage packet. I think they have the core of a good team; good keeper, solid centre halves, great left back, two quality strikers and Allan and Doucoure are two players that Rafa will absolutely get the best out of. 

3-2-1 - Essembee wants a word

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

3-2-1 - Essembee wants a word

I thought they only had that keeper on loan last season so were back to the T Rex this year?

I totally get Polarboy's point about Everton.  Their spending and alledged targets have been so far very modest (even if they haven't been poor signings).  After recent seasons, even taking Covid into account, I can't see their fans being happy.  If they get off to a poor start Rafa could certainly be feeling the heat.

• Like 1

Hardly surprising 

In the aftermath of the collapse and 4-2 defeat to West Ham, Steve Bruce asked if there would be any further signings before the transfer window closes:

“Possibly.

“I still think that there are a lot of clubs who will do a lot of work in the next few weeks I would have thought.

“I have always said that when you are in the loan market, then you have got to be patient, because you’ve got to wait.

“We have been patient with Joe [Willock] so look, let’s see what becomes available.

“If something becomes available then we will try and act.

"I can go back to Jetro Willems, how well he did as a loan signing, Joe being a loan signing as well did fantastic, so we will see what develops.”

Fast forward two weeks: 'Well the loan market has been very competitive this season and we just couldn't get anyone over the line but I'm delighted to have secured wor Alex on a five year contract. He's a player I know well having signed him for nearly every club I've been at and with his two caps for Northern Ireland he brings with him a wealth of international experience'.

• Haha 2

Lad sat behind us on Sunday told us that one of our v. famous Geordie ex players  has been going around saying that whilst our meagre backroom staff were all on furlough Alex Bruce has been taking a wage from the club as "chief scout".... don't shoot the messenger etc etc :cuppa:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Lad sat behind us on Sunday told us that one of our v. famous Geordie ex players  has been going around saying that whilst our meagre backroom staff were all on furlough Alex Bruce has been taking a wage from the club as "chief scout".... don't shoot the messenger etc etc :cuppa:

Brucey is on BBC Total Sport tonight so I’ll text the programme and ask them to ask him if his son Alex has done any work for NUFC either paid or unpaid of via a third party. I don’t expect the question to be put to Brucey due to Radio Newcastle being very chummy with the posh geordie.They’re forever telling the listeners that they don’t really know what goes at the club,and they won’t,because they give Brucey an easy ride at the weekly Friday press conference with our fat manager.

17 hours ago, trooper said:

Newcastle havecput a valuation of £10 million on Sean Longstaff

So the plan seems to be to flog Longstaff to interested clubs supposedly like Everton and Southampton to bring in Hamza Choudhury on loan, the interested clubs being the type that will be competing higher up the table than us isn’t a red flag at all to Bruce. Fwiw Bruce gets nothing out of Longstaff, but to replace him with a loan signing is more just year to year patch work to the squad, exactly the sort of shite the mackems used to do when they were circling the drain. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sad but you’d have to say a move away for him and his brother are the best options. It must be fucking galling to see the manager preferring an absolute pisstaker like Shelvey. 

• Like 2

Why would someone of the nature of Steve Bruce keep two home grown brothers that he personally can't make any money out of unless he moves them on? 

This isn't about the needs of the squad if you ask me, this is about  £££££££ 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Brucey is on BBC Total Sport tonight so I’ll text the programme and ask them to ask him if his son Alex has done any work for NUFC either paid or unpaid of via a third party. I don’t expect the question to be put to Brucey due to Radio Newcastle being very chummy with the posh geordie.They’re forever telling the listeners that they don’t really know what goes at the club,and they won’t,because they give Brucey an easy ride at the weekly Friday press conference with our fat manager.

Brucey has just been asked if he thinks BUJ7 will ever make it. ‘I hope so.He’s 24,in fact he’s just turned 25.It won’t be for the sake of trying’. Basically,we’re going to have to put up with BUJ7 trying to make it for a few more seasons yet 😡

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Why would someone of the nature of Steve Bruce keep two home grown brothers that he personally can't make any money out of unless he moves them on? 

This isn't about the needs of the squad if you ask me, this is about  £££££££ 

Probably Brucey holding a grudge after Sean told him he was "a shit manager" during last season.

9 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Basically,we’re going to have to put up with BUJ7 trying to make it for a few more seasons yet until his contract runs down and he leaves on a free or we pay up his contract😡

FYP

• Tom locked this topic