The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

13 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Beggars can't be choosers. There's no doubting his quality, so I'd definitely take a chance on him if it's possible to get him in. And as people have said he might hit it off with ASM and some of the other lads. He might have a less than ideal attitude, but he's not quite Ben Arfa level. He'll also want to perform before the world cup, so we may at least get a good second half of the season from him were we to sign him.

Didn't we say the same about Michael Owen? :lol:

The deal would have to be right but even then, if he looks like he can't be arsed or doesn't fancy English football life then I'd avoid him as we've seen how it goes in the past.

• Like 1

This squad isn't lacking attacking midfielders, even though James is quality we should be using one of our squad numbers for a central midfielder, or fullbacks.

if true we must be actually trying to get relegated. im sure the excuse will be we couldnt shift players to open enough squad space for new players

Edited by 247

I’m fairly sure we’ve also registered 4 goalkeepers, and he has registered Matty Longstaff who he doesn’t play or seem to rate. I struggle to believe we couldn’t offload Gillespie or Darlow and loan Matty out to a championship side, I question the level of interest in doing so as this way we use this as an excuse and just don’t bother improving the squad. 

Most other PL clubs clearly carry unregistered players btw, if we had to carry Matty and Gillespie for 6-12 month while trying to offload in order to improve the team that wouldn’t be a crippling cost ffs. 

This is the frustration, I don’t mind us being poor but could we at least give the fucking semblance of trying? Having to watch the worst manager in the league make constant fucking excuses on why having a 4th registered keeper who makes maybe £4K a week is what prevents us from improving our side is so fucking tedious. I see no way we stay up this season tbh, I know it’s early doors but as HMHM pointed out we’re playing our best 11 and still offering way less than last year, couple that with the squad clearly being unprepared and lacking fitness. Ashley is such a fucking parasite, if he wants to be a tight cunt and not invest in the squad he can get away with it but to do so he needs to pay a manager that can get something out of a squad, Bruce gets nothing additional out of players in fact I can’t point to a single player who has improved under his tenure. 

• Like 5

We’re a poor team with poor players making up the squad.Not a decent,but a very balanced squad.Very little fight was shown when the going got tough against both West Ham and Villa.Nee points against Southampton and Man Utd could see us rock bottom and I wouldn’t be putting money on our shirkers and cowards to get us out the shite.Brucey could further endanger our survival by bringing  back the cowardly Lewis at left back.

1 hour ago, Howay said:

I’m fairly sure we’ve also registered 4 goalkeepers, and he has registered Matty Longstaff who he doesn’t play or seem to rate. I struggle to believe we couldn’t offload Gillespie or Darlow and loan Matty out to a championship side, I question the level of interest in doing so as this way we use this as an excuse and just don’t bother improving the squad. 

Most other PL clubs clearly carry unregistered players btw, if we had to carry Matty and Gillespie for 6-12 month while trying to offload in order to improve the team that wouldn’t be a crippling cost ffs. 

This is the frustration, I don’t mind us being poor but could we at least give the fucking semblance of trying? Having to watch the worst manager in the league make constant fucking excuses on why having a 4th registered keeper who makes maybe £4K a week is what prevents us from improving our side is so fucking tedious. I see no way we stay up this season tbh, I know it’s early doors but as HMHM pointed out we’re playing our best 11 and still offering way less than last year, couple that with the squad clearly being unprepared and lacking fitness. Ashley is such a fucking parasite, if he wants to be a tight cunt and not invest in the squad he can get away with it but to do so he needs to pay a manager that can get something out of a squad, Bruce gets nothing additional out of players in fact I can’t point to a single player who has improved under his tenure. 

With what I've seen of Woodman so far I wouldn't be in a hurry to sell any of our other keepers.  I've seen vampires who are less afraid of crosses.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Howay said:

Just about every time our form has picked up slightly under Bruce, there’s always been the sense that the players have managed to galvanise themselves. Can’t imagine they have it in them to do it again, especially when the likes of Ritchie and Lascelles are clearly worse than they were a couple of seasons ago.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

With what I've seen of Woodman so far I wouldn't be in a hurry to sell any of our other keepers.  I've seen vampires who are less afraid of crosses.

Difficult to judge a keeper playing behind a new (and shit) defence tbh

9 hours ago, David Kelly said:

monkey rimshot - GIF on Imgur

:wink2:

Edited by RobinRobin

28 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Because we have players who do it regularly. I’ll give you a chance to highlight it the next time it happens.

Literally every team does, so we're not at a disadvantage because of it. Maybe obsess over something that has greater impact on our results, like our disorganised defence, our inert midfield or anything else that makes up Bruce's remit?

• Like 1

Aye,because I never comment on our disorganised defence our inert midfield .Players such as TOT,Krafth,Lewis,Shelvey,Almiron,Sean Longstaff and ASM get regular stick from me.I DO see players from other teams turn their backs,and also intentionally get out the way of shots,but that is of little interest to me.We are conceding goals due to this form of cowardice.It seems at every opportunity we do it,sometimes goals are conceded,sometimes not.Shar could possibly have blocked the shot,but no,he showed no interest in it,so in we went 1 v 0 down.These aren’t mistakes,these actions are intentional ‘ I couldn’t give a fuck’ springs to mind .Schar wouldn’t have gone into the dressing room at half time dejected.He didn’t give a fuck when Ings decided to try the overhead kick.Getting hit with the ball wasn’t going to happen to Schar,no way,it may have hurt.Too many cowards in defence.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

18 hours ago, strawb said:

Difficult to judge a keeper playing behind a new (and shit) defence tbh

True, I've never played at a very high standand but I know how much harder it is to play in goal behind a defence that is all at sea.  It can seriously effect your own confidence and from personal experience, when that happens it's things like comanding your box that becomes the most difficult.  But it's difficult to be impressed with much that he's done so far too.  He's certainly shown nothing to suggest that he could be getting a game ahead of Dubravka or Darlow at this stage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Aye,because I never comment on our disorganised defence our inert midfield .Players such as TOT,Krafth,Lewis,Shelvey,Almiron,Sean Longstaff and ASM get regular stick from me.I DO see players from other teams turn their backs,and also intentionally get out the way of shots,but that is of little interest to me.We are conceding goals due to this form of cowardice.It seems at every opportunity we do it,sometimes goals are conceded,sometimes not.Shar could possibly have blocked the shot,but no,he showed no interest in it,so in we went 1 v 0 down.These aren’t mistakes,these actions are intentional ‘ I couldn’t give a fuck’ springs to mind .Schar wouldn’t have gone into the dressing room at half time dejected.He didn’t give a fuck when Ings decided to try the overhead kick.Getting hit with the ball wasn’t going to happen to Schar,no way,it may have hurt.Too many cowards in defence.

Right, so if every  team has players who show this COWARDICE  is there any value to endlessly mention it? 

The number of times you bitch about it make it seem like you think COWARDICE is the reason we're in the shit. When, in reality, it's poor management, poor recruitment and poor quality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Right, so if every  team has players who show this COWARDICE  is there any value to endlessly mention it? 

The number of times you bitch about it make it seem like you think COWARDICE is the reason we're in the shit. When, in reality, it's poor management, poor recruitment and poor quality.

I remember when players made themselves big in an attempt to make the target smaller.It was classed as giving it your all for the team.If ‘every’ team does it,it doesn’t detract from my cowardice accusations towards some of our players.Shar showed no interest in making himself bigger,therefore didn’t give it his all in attempting to stop a goal.Shelvey not running around is Shelvey not doing his best intentionally.Lewis allowing the ball to come in from the wing by turning his back is another example.Not giving 100% is resulting in goals conceded and games being lost.They’re not simple errors from poor players,they’re deliberate actions from poor players.Cowardice is a contributory factor as to why we’re shit in most games.Yes,Brucey is tactically useless,and his team selections can be baffling,but if every player gave 100%,this discussion wouldn’t  be necessary.As no one else highlights the cowardice,I can only assume that everyone is happy with the way we concede goals,regarding players turning their backs,or getting out the way of shots,as in ‘they all do it so just accept it’.

• Jaysus... 1

On 24/08/2021 at 17:30, essembeeofsunderland said:

I remember when players made themselves big in an attempt to make the target smaller.It was classed as giving it your all for the team.If ‘every’ team does it,it doesn’t detract from my cowardice accusations towards some of our players.Shar showed no interest in making himself bigger,therefore didn’t give it his all in attempting to stop a goal.Shelvey not running around is Shelvey not doing his best intentionally.Lewis allowing the ball to come in from the wing by turning his back is another example.Not giving 100% is resulting in goals conceded and games being lost.They’re not simple errors from poor players,they’re deliberate actions from poor players.Cowardice is a contributory factor as to why we’re shit in most games.Yes,Brucey is tactically useless,and his team selections can be baffling,but if every player gave 100%,this discussion wouldn’t  be necessary.As no one else highlights the cowardice,I can only assume that everyone is happy with the way we concede goals,regarding players turning their backs,or getting out the way of shots,as in ‘they all do it so just accept it’.

Lascelles made himself as big as possible and conceded a penalty. 'Giving 100%' cost us a goal, so put that in your curmudgeonly pipe and smoke it. 

Turning their back is not the biggest issue, it's not even in the top five. We concede goals because we've average-to-poor defenders, coached by average-to-poor coaches and managed by a poor tactician. 

It's like moaning about the in-flight meal as the plane plummets towards the ground.

• Tom locked this topic