The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

The scary thing is they’ll be listening to Bruce say we have enough to stay up, the cunt should be demanding new players if he had any integrity or ambition at all but the fat slob will be more worried about what sauce he’s getting on his kebabS tonight 

Edited by 247

18 hours ago, 247 said:

The scary thing is they’ll be listening to Bruce say we have enough to stay up, the cunt should be demanding new players if he had any integrity or ambition at all but the fat slob will be more worried about what sauce he’s getting on his kebabS tonight 

When they’re all fit,we have a decent,well ballanced squad.Well that’s what Brucey believes,so no further recruitment required I would have thought.If we’d had to play Man Utd before the break,with the inevitable defeat,would he have still been manager after the break for the home game against Leeds? 

17 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

If we’d had to play Man Utd before the break,with the inevitable defeat,would he have still been manager after the break for the home game against Leeds? 

Yes

On 27/08/2021 at 19:19, essembeeofsunderland said:

I agree with a lot of what you say,and I’ve highlighted a lot of what you have said in previous posts,which you may have missed.It’s a shame you’ve let yourself down by suggesting I believe  only cowardice is the problem,which of course,you know I’ve never suggested it is.Maybe in your lifetime of supporting NUFC it’s been rife,and you know nothing different,but it certainly wasn’t happening not that  many years ago.I never saw John McGrath do it,nor Moncur,nor Pat Howard,nor Peter Jackson,nor Darren Peacock,nor Steve Howey,nor Nick The Greek,nor Woodgate.In fact I cannot remember anyone in those era’s showing the cowardice I now see on regular occasions.As I’ve said in earlier posts,they don’t always end up in goals.We could have a very good forward line with a decent mid-field,but if defenders intentionally allow shots to be on target,we’re asking for trouble.To repeat myself,it’s not down to poor players playing poorly,and it’s not down to excellent play by the opposition.It’s usually defenders refusing to defend.Just as well it’s not rife in cricket,although Stewart Broad is no stranger to similar cowardice when he’s batting.

Jesus, your posts are tough to read. Just throw some paragraphs in there, maybe?

We're in the shit because of tactics, square pegs in round holes, bad management and poor recruitment. Not because some of our defenders occasionally turn their backs, you big fucking doyle. :lol:

Can't say I've seen a lot of Choudhury. Anyone on here have a fully formed opinion of him? It seems unlikely he'll be any worse than Longstaff and Shelvey, although obviously he'll be doing a different job to them. I'd imagine he's at least marginally more athletic than both. I mean was Longstaff's knee injury that bad, or is he just as depressed as the rest of us about the state of the club, hence the constant lacklustre displays. 

Edited by Polarboy

31 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Can't say I've seen a lot of Choudhury. Anyone on here have a fully formed opinion of him? It seems unlikely he'll be any worse than Longstaff and Shelvey, although obviously he'll be doing a different job to them. I'd imagine he's at least marginally more athletic than both. I mean was Longstaff's knee injury that bad, or is he just as depressed as the rest of us about the state of the club, hence the constant lacklustre displays. 

Don't think it will matter too much mate :lol:

• Haha 3

https://twitter.com/LukeEdwardsTele/status/1432647310589239299?s=20

So either Edwards is frantically trying to cover up his own incompetence, or he was told by Bruce this morning that Choudhury was signing, and the club have went behind Bruce's back and cancelled the loan move. As a man of honour I'm sure Bruce will be resigning in disgust.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Jesus, your posts are tough to read. Just throw some paragraphs in there, maybe?

We're in the shit because of tactics, square pegs in round holes, bad management and poor recruitment. Not because some of our defenders occasionally turn their backs, you big fucking doyle. :lol:

Ha ha.Got it now I think.Players turning their backs,and actually getting out the way of shots,hasn’t contributed in  putting us in the shit.Has it made us a better,more solid outfit, when defending? We can only hope our keeper thinks differently to you? X

9 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

So either Edwards is frantically trying to cover up his own incompetence, or he was told by Bruce this morning that Choudhury was signing, and the club have went behind Bruce's back and cancelled the loan move. As a man of honour I'm sure Bruce will be resigning in disgust.

How desperate would a player have to be to sign for us knowing our situation,and especially after having a chat with Brucey?

6 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Ha ha.Got it now I think.Players turning their backs,and actually getting out the way of shots,hasn’t contributed in  putting us in the shit.Has it made us a better,more solid outfit, when defending? We can only hope our keeper thinks differently to you? X

Do you know how punctuation works?

36 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Bruce is 110% Edward's source like :lol: 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I haven't seen such a hastily constructed strawman since LeazesMag's time.

Just seen the quotes from Bruce about the club letting Toney and Armstrong go. Obviously it was likely done as a dig at Rafa given he was manager when both left. In fairness he's not entirely wrong. Although neither were ready at the time, and we'll have to see how they get on but both have already scored, it would have been prudent to have sent them out on loan perhaps, instead of permanent deals. The only half right decision was putting a percentage on Armstrong's future transfer fee.

Edited by Polarboy

41 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Bruce is 110% Edward's source like :lol: 

He absolutely is. Which makes it all the more amusing that he gets stuff wrong so frequently

• Haha 3

Choudury deal supposedly not dead yet according to Waugh and Sky sports. Maybe Brucey spat the dummy. In any case, what a roller-coaster, I can barely contain my excitement. Thankfully I've got my brown pants on today.

30 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Just seen the quotes from Bruce about the club letting Toney and Armstrong go. Obviously it was likely done as a dig at Rafa given he was manager when both left. In fairness he's not entirely wrong. Although neither were ready at the time, and we'll have to see how they get on but both have already scored, it would have been prudent to have sent them out on loan perhaps, instead of permanent deals. The only half right decision was putting a percentage on Armstrong's future transfer fee.

The cheek of it when he has overseen Lee Clark's young'un leave and both Longstaffs stagnate before likely departures.

• Like 4

I’m fairly sure someone on here once took a day off work for transfer deadline day. What a monumental waste of a day off when Mike Ashley owns your club.

The thrill of they will he/won’t he saga, for some bang average midfielder who has played a grand total of about 25 mins in the last two years, has me on the edge my seat. 

What a totally fucking pointless football club we are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Tom locked this topic