The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Haven't we just carved off a massive wage outlay? 

Atsu, Carroll, Lejeune, Muto, Saivet. All of them on north of £30k, right? Lets be conservative and say £100k a week off the wage bill. There's no way Choudhury is on anything like that. 

On signing Willock...

Bruce said: “We went above and beyond. It has been difficult for clubs in terms of money and fair play to Lee. We got there. Our patience and doggedness was key... we never left it alone.

Difficult with having made  roughly 140 million since the end of last season. 

Willock is an installment deal to be paid over 3 years iirc, so factoring in the sales we had as well as 40% of Armstrong’s iirc £25m fee (well £23m profit if you take out the £2m Blackburn paid us for him originally) we basically turned a profit in the window. Aye and we also got around £200k a week off the book in wages :lol:. They have absolutely fucking zero excuses other than wanting to chance survival for as little as possible, and having absolute idiots running both the football and non football sides. 

Not sure where the pundits are on this but are we allowed to complain about Ashley yet? And if so is that only to take pressure and responsibility from their darling Bruce? I will gladly fucking slate both of them. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, trooper said:

9.6 million off the wage bill with outgoing players. 40% off the sell on fee for Armstrong (6 million) Then 126 million prize money for last seasons 13th place finish  in the Premiership.Roughly 141 million, minus 25 million for Willock. Gives a profit of just over 115 million. 

It's not profit though. That money goes towards player wages, operating costs etc

The wage bill was £121mil for the last set of figures released. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trooper said:

The Choudhury thing was never happening as...

Newcastle looked to quash any lingering speculation as early as 10.50am on deadline day by briefing that the club's business was done.

Luke didn’t get the memo.

19 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Thats more of a fuckin prison sentence rather than a loan deal…..6 months on remand in Durham is probably more fun :lol: 

Better than Alcatraz with Brucie's army

This ‘above and beyond’ patter. I like Willock and I’m pleased we’ve gotten him but we’re talking about a player we already had on loan previously, who wasn’t wanted by his club, was available for a reasonable fee (by PL standards) and who there didn’t seem to be any other takers for, for whatever reasons. I can’t imagine the wages were a huge issue either. That’s about as straightforward as it gets

• Like 6

:lol: Fucking embarrassing. I don’t even get why they bother, we know they don’t give a flying fuck so why do they occasionally randomly trot out some excuse? It changes fucking nothing, everyone knows it’s complete bollocks. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Fucking embarrassing. I don’t even get why they bother, we know they don’t give a flying fuck so why do they occasionally randomly trot out some excuse? It changes fucking nothing, everyone knows it’s complete bollocks. 

Think my reply to their tweet with the actor who played Santiago was the catalyst tbh. :lol:

• Haha 2

‘Look lads, we’d love to have spent more but the squad was so shite that we couldn’t get a single penny for any of the 18 players who left’.

How can they claim that their past frugal approach was correct and has allowed them more flexibility in future windows yet the extent of that flexibility was one £20m signing and not enough for even a single loan signing?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

desperate for ashley's club to get relegated.

then relegated again, then again, then again.

it's what he and all those who have actively and financially supported his running of it deserve.

FUCK. RIGHT. OFF.

• Tom locked this topic