The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

17 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

He causes defences  problems which we rarely do so an improvement.

Don't know.  We seem to cause our own defence problems all the time.  Or does that not count?

On 09/10/2021 at 22:07, Kid Dynamite said:

Realistic names for January? Players looking for a move to a bigger club or players not getting game time...

GK - Pope

LB/RB - Chilwell, Trippier

CB - Tarkovski, Coady

CM - K.Phillips, Ward-Prowse, Van der Beek, Ramsey, B.Kamara 

LW/RW- H.Barnes, Lingard, Zaha, Raphina

CF- Toney, Jimenez, Ben Yedder, Icardi

Kevin Phillips is a bit owld like

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

He's fast and makes some good runs. Like Almiron. Has similar end product and is offside more than Shola.

Aye he is off side a lot but under Tuchal his game is improving 

Would be an easy signing, even if it was a loan, to improve us. I’m sorry like but I’d be hard pressed to imagine a team with Wilson, Saint-Maximin, Willock and Lingard going down if they had a half-decent coach working with them. Providing a couple of defenders come in with him 

• Like 3

He’d be a good buy tbf. Would be a big upgrade on Almiron imo who has been fucking hopeless bar a short spell under Rafa (maybe recoverable under a manager better than Bruce but personally don’t think the kid is up to much). 

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Would be an easy signing, even if it was a loan, to improve us. I’m sorry like but I’d be hard pressed to imagine a team with Wilson, Saint-Maximin, Willock and Lingard going down if they had a half-decent coach working with them. Providing a couple of defenders come in with him 

Think this defense would be alright with a decent coach.

They were before.

1 hour ago, Howay said:

He’d be a good buy tbf. Would be a big upgrade on Almiron imo who has been fucking hopeless bar a short spell under Rafa (maybe recoverable under a manager better than Bruce but personally don’t think the kid is up to much). 

I sometimes totally forget he's at the club - Does he get games or is he just very quiet when he does? I mean what's his deal, it's been a while since I bothered watching us.

26 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I sometimes totally forget he's at the club - Does he get games or is he just very quiet when he does? I mean what's his deal, it's been a while since I bothered watching us.

Played seven of our eight league matches so far. :lol:  I can understand why he hasn’t made an impression.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I might be wrong but I think he was in quarantine per COVID protocol after the internationals. Tbh even if he was on the pitch he does fucking nowt. A better manager would get more out of him like Rafa did, but even then he wasn’t up to much. 

You are probably right about Almiron, a better coach would get a better tune from him especially if he is played in the same position for more than 30 minutes at a time, but I wonder just how much his confidence would have improved if that shot in his first game had not hit the post, but gone in.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

You are probably right about Almiron, a better coach would get a better tune from him especially if he is played in the same position for more than 30 minutes at a time, but I wonder just how much his confidence would have improved if that shot in his first game had not hit the post, but gone in.

Butterflies and hurricanes. We'll never know I guess but it would be a shame if true.

• Like 1

• Tom locked this topic