The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Barkley is definitely a risk. He hasn't done anything in a while. Potentially the right manager might be able to get a tune out him but it would be a case of only if we can't sign anyone better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Has Ross Berkely been mentioned on here?  Maybe worth a shout in Jan?  Even if on Loan.

That's one thing now.  We should be able to get loans easier as we will be willing to pay the fee.

In all the positions that need addressing I think attacking midfield is a ways down the list of priorities. I think we should sort central midfielder (someone to play a defensive role in there) first and foremost. Another Striker would take the pressure off Wilson a bit. I definitely think additions to the backline would help (Tarkowski). But in attacking midfield we have ASM, Almiron, Fraserr, Joelinton (I know, I know), Willock, plus S.Longstaff if needs be.

That's before addressing the fact that as ewerk says, Barkley isn't up to much.

Our full backs are a massive weak spot imo as well. I know we are seeing Tarkowskis name a lot but our CBs aren’t too bad if coached correctly, but our full backs are fucking hopeless and should be a real priority in January. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

In all the positions that need addressing I think attacking midfield is a ways down the list of priorities. I think we should sort central midfielder (someone to play a defensive role in there) first and foremost. Another Striker would take the pressure off Wilson a bit. I definitely think additions to the backline would help (Tarkowski). But in attacking midfield we have ASM, Almiron, Fraserr, Joelinton (I know, I know), Willock, plus S.Longstaff if needs be.

That's before addressing the fact that as ewerk says, Barkley isn't up to much.

Our midfield is absolutely horrendous, you couldn't make a good player out of all of them.  The midfield is the reason the defence is under so much pressure, the opposition just walks through them at will.  We've seen that with good coaching our limited defenders can actually defend, even under Rafa our midfield was wank.  New midfielders is absolutely as much a priority as some help for Wilson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Our midfield is absolutely horrendous, you couldn't make a good player out of all of them.  The midfield is the reason the defence is under so much pressure, the opposition just walks through them at will.  We've seen that with good coaching our limited defenders can actually defend, even under Rafa our midfield was wank.  New midfielders is absolutely as much a priority as some help for Wilson.

I reckon that's harsh. I think that Benitez showed that Longstaff, Hayden and Almiron can do ok in the top flight. Add Willock to the mix plus another central midfielder in the January window and we'll be fine. Personally think the defence did well because Perez was doing some great work off-screen. 

I think a decent coach would have defence and midfield performing immeasurably better than what we've seen under Bruce. Fucking Hell, the only players who've performed even close to their level is Wilson and ASM.

2 hours ago, Howay said:

Our full backs are a massive weak spot imo as well. I know we are seeing Tarkowskis name a lot but our CBs aren’t too bad if coached correctly, but our full backs are fucking hopeless and should be a real priority in January. 

You think Lewis can be coached into a decent fullback? I can't judge him off the back of working under Bruce.

Who the fuck knows, maybe Joelinton is quality and it's just Bruce that's made him look pony.

37 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You think Lewis can be coached into a decent fullback? I can't judge him off the back of working under Bruce.

Who the fuck knows, maybe Joelinton is quality and it's just Bruce that's made him look pony.

Aye that’s the hardest thing for me, I think many of the players, while not good, would be perfectly serviceable under a proper football coach. Like Nagelsmann got a 9 goal season from Joelinton iirc. 

We have to try transfer good players ending contracts, good players in not top teams and Top Players in a very bad moment of form that could be become stars again.

Frank Kessie is ending contract 

Belotti is ending contract 

Jesús Corona is ending contract (and he coul be a very good in 3-5-2 sistem

Boubacar Kamara is ending contract (and he will convert in a Top player in a few years).

Tarkowski, Freuler, Cantwell, Boga, Lingard, Januzaj... All of them are players that could be improve our team. 

All of them is ending contract.

There are 3 or 4 players that will be hard to convince to play here in first term, because they are playing in top levels team. Kessie, Romagnoli, Bernardeschi and Tolisso. This 4 is ending contract too, but Bernardeschi and Tolisso are not starters in their teams and Romagnoli, Milan Captain, are lossing his starter status and in Italy are saying they want to go (Lazio). 

And then, there are players with a decent level that is not happy en their clubes and their clubes are searching sell them. Coutinho, Jovic, Icardi... 

For me, the most important thing in Winter Market is to sign a Right and Left Back and maybe a center back... Lewis, Ritchie, Krafth and Murphy doesn't have skills to play in a 4 man defence. And They have very low level to play in a 5 man defence. 

Atalanta is trying to sell Hateboer because they buying Maeleh and PSG want to sell Bernat

Grimaldo, Bensebaini, Max, Gunter, Mazraoui are players in not top teams or teams that should sell players easily. 

Dodo is one of my fevourites, but probably he will be very expensive and land in a Top team soon.

Dubois or Lamptey will be amazing too. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

You are probably right about Almiron, a better coach would get a better tune from him especially if he is played in the same position for more than 30 minutes at a time, but I wonder just how much his confidence would have improved if that shot in his first game had not hit the post, but gone in.

I always have comparated Almiron with Angel Correa (Atletico Madrid player). 

They played similar rol in Liga Argentina. Very Good Seconds Strikers, with speedy, with good level of dribblig, but with lack of numbers of goals. 

When Correa arrived Atletico, he played a couple of matches in their original position, but there are a problem... This was the Griezmann Position. So, Simeone found the Right Wing the perfect position to Correa. Why? Because he understands the game. He workes a lot in defence, he helped a lot the CM and the Right Back. He didn't shine, but he was very important for the team. And all seasons ending with 7-8 goals and 7-8 assist. People hated a lot, because he lost so much balls, he tried impossible dribblings... And they didn't see the work he did for the team. 

Correa is one of the most skills players I have seen ever in my life when he was young. And I always thouth that he will never be the player I saw in Argentina because he adapted to European Football as another kind of player.... But last season, he played with Suarez in the attack... He was amazing. 

I think maybe is not too late for Almiron. He need to play near to Wilson and to the rival area. Bruce are using him as 'box to box' because he has the stamina, and he was the only player with the power to helping the defence and running a counterattack to create a chance in a few seconds. But he should shine more in a attackins system. 

Edited by Diego21
  • Like 5

The mail has indicated that many clubs are privately intending to refuse to sell to us in January in the hopes of us being relegated.

What the fuck is wrong with all of them seriously, it's getting fucking stupid.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The mail has indicated that many clubs are privately intending to refuse to sell to us in January in the hopes of us being relegated.

What the fuck is wrong with all of them seriously, it's getting fucking stupid.

They’ll have some very unhappy players then,because I’m sure we’ll be offering them way way more than they are currently on.

Those players downing tools will do us no harm in our relegation fight,especially when they play against us hopefully.

• Like 1

They have to be very careful with this tbh. Taking steps like that is clear anti competition and targeting. The clubs need to fucking grow up, it’s already happened and I don’t understand the logic, even if we got relegated nothing changes :lol: I don’t understand all these fans and I guess some of the top management at clubs that think it means anything other than a wasted year for us, we’d hoover up all the top championship talent and likely have Paulo Fonseca as manager there ffs. 

I’d hope that’s just the mail writers making shite up and they wouldn’t try something as fucking absurd, but after that sponsorship ban bollocks I wouldn’t put it past the thick cunts. 

I mean presumably we can just buy from abroad anyway, but this really is utterly mental at this point (if true).

Here's the article anyway - it's a report about a few things and the bit about this 'transfer embargo' is midway down.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10121965/Newcastle-Man-City-fear-rivals-ganging-ownerships.html

Unofficial Transfer embargo in the manner implied borders on breaches of a cartel anti competition law. 

I think it’s more likely they realise this is a golden opportunity to shift some overpaid players who can’t break into their first team at inflated costs and turn a good profit. Business will trump some emotional sporting reaction 9 times out of ten. 

We won’t be competing with the big boys for multiple years, by which point the players we sign now will have been replaced/retired/sold.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I mean presumably we can just buy from abroad anyway, but this really is utterly mental at this point (if true).

Here's the article anyway - it's a report about a few things and the bit about this 'transfer embargo' is midway down.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10121965/Newcastle-Man-City-fear-rivals-ganging-ownerships.html

It’s illegal, pathetic, and will never ever hold. Us and Citeh will just buy all our players from all the other leagues, basically funneling money into those leagues while the PL clubs will miss out on inflated fees for their players, it won’t take long before clubs crack as at the end of the day they’re all competing for different things and we won’t be in the bottom half mix anyway so what’s their incentive? 

I mean I think the mail article is bollocks tbf, surely they can’t be saying stuff mentioning Gulf ownership as it’d be clear targeting and honestly fairly racist since why is their money not acceptable while Manchester United piss a fortune up the wall. 

• Like 1

I wonder who the first scab will be that can't refuse an offer from us. Will they then be also be excluded from the cartel. 

You'll also see any player signing for these clubs insisting on release clauses should us or City want them. How pissed off are their players going to be if this move costs them an opportunity to treble their wages. I hope it happens tbh

• Like 1

• Tom locked this topic