The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

I saw this list earlier and laughed a sneeze out of my nose. Replace my alcohol.

Ali Dia, Flo, Bebe, Bramble, David Bellion, Carroll, Dundee, Torres, Jeffers, Alves, Downing, Mutu, Keane, Shevchenko, Djemba Djemba and Boateng.

• Haha 1

Yeah I'm also not sure that we should be spending that kind of money on players who would be prepared to come and dig us out of a relegation battle. I think we have to be really careful in this window tbh. Do just enough to survive and then go full power in the summer.

On 23/10/2021 at 12:55, Howay said:

They have to be very careful with this tbh. Taking steps like that is clear anti competition and targeting. The clubs need to fucking grow up, it’s already happened and I don’t understand the logic, even if we got relegated nothing changes :lol: I don’t understand all these fans and I guess some of the top management at clubs that think it means anything other than a wasted year for us, we’d hoover up all the top championship talent and likely have Paulo Fonseca as manager there ffs. 

I’d hope that’s just the mail writers making shite up and they wouldn’t try something as fucking absurd, but after that sponsorship ban bollocks I wouldn’t put it past the thick cunts. 

Realistically, we're not going to convince Declan Rice to leave West Ham and join us right now. I would be more worried about Newcastle signing the best of European up and coming talent, than I would be about us signing James Tarkowski or whomever. We're not yet at the stage where we can cherry pick the best players in the same way Liverpool, Man City or Man Utd can, so what's their worry? There's only 4-5 clubs we could nick a player from, so I cannot imagine that 19 clubs will get together to stop us signing PL talent.

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Realistically, we're not going to convince Declan Rice to leave West Ham and join us right now. I would be more worried about Newcastle signing the best of European up and coming talent, than I would be about us signing James Tarkowski or whomever. We're not yet at the stage where we can cherry pick the best players in the same way Liverpool, Man City or Man Utd can, so what's their worry? There's only 4-5 clubs we could nick a player from, so I cannot imagine that 19 clubs will get together to stop us signing PL talent.

I'm not going to lie, I read that post in the voice of Donald Sinden from 'Never the Twain'. ;)

• Haha 5

I'll say this though, when you watch a couple of lads playing fantasy football to improve the squad in January, I do start to wonder what we're all worrying about. European qualifier form from Jan onwards, lads. 

Having to have homegrown players for squad registration is “boring accountancy stuff” apparently :lol:. Loads of these accounts are gutted we’ve been bought as they’ve not got a fucking clue what any of our players are like, they all fairly consistently act like Lascelles is our best CB. 

Whenever Lascelles has been our injured in the last couple of seasons it’s been used as an excuse for any losses due to how important he is. Like you say, it’s based on more and more people  repeating what someone has said and assumes is the case. Rather than any actual analysis based on having watched our games. He’s been a liability for a while now 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Alex said:

Whenever Lascelles has been our injured in the last couple of seasons it’s been used as an excuse for any losses due to how important he is. Like you say, it’s based on more and more people  repeating what someone has said and assumes is the case. Rather than any actual analysis based on having watched our games. He’s been a liability for a while now 

He was very good for a period, but like most has regressed. Hayden was also a rock in that system but he's more like a stone in the field at the moment. 

19 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Guys. I understand you don't like what my guys say about that guy. But what do us guys think about what my guys say about the other guys? Guys? GUYS?! 

Well, they've tried to boil the criteria down to a few arbitrary factors. Instead of looking at what possible systems, possible coaches will play.

Half of the players they mention aren't getting into the squads because they're not good enough for the teams gunning for Europe, and given we're going to need that level of performance in the tail end of the season, they're not the players for us. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

Dave, I happen to know that Iain Macintosh has just released his latest FM22 post, so I want to personally thank you for finding the time to reply to me here. Thank you. 

I'm on a work call, playing FM22, answering you and alt-tabbing to that post. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Myyyyyyy n-word ending in a. 

Nerdista?

(It's like a trequartista, but most of it's contribution happens off-screen)

1 hour ago, Alex said:

nd more people  repeating what someone has said and assumes is the case. Rather than any actual analysis based on having watched our games. He’s been a liability for a while now 

he needs someone handy on the ball next to him, which makes it all the more bizarre that krafth and clarke are getting the nod ahead of fernandez and schar 

• Like 1

• Tom locked this topic