The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

This on SSN website

Newcastle are planning to beat Man Utd to the signature of Atletico Madrid and England full-back Kieran Trippier in  January (Daily Star).

Eddie Howe wants to make Juventus midfielder Aaron Ramsey his first signing as Newcastle manager (The Sun).

Jose Mourinho might be looking to spoil the party as former Arsenal ace Aaron Ramsey has been offered to AS     Roma despite being heavily linked with Newcastle (Daily Star).

Newcastle are looking to add Michael Edwards to their backroom staff now the Liverpool transfer guru has   announced he will leave the Anfield club at the end of the season (The Sun).

West Ham and Newcastle are set to go head to head in a battle for the signature of Marseille's Croatia centre-   back Duje Caleta-Car, previously a target for Liverpool (The Sun).

Newcastle are reportedly lining up an ambitious £13m move for Juventus star Adrien Rabiot (The Sun).

Premier League clubs could invoke an "anyone but Newcastle" transfer policy, such is the anger at their takeover by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (The Sun).

Eddie Howe has insisted he didn't reject the Celtic job (Scottish Sun).

If you enjoy the transfer speculation, that's one thing, but otherwise I would ignore all of it. 95% of it is gonna be made up. 

Howe apparently pulled the local journalists to one side last night and asked them to lay off with the speculation because of the effect it can have on the current playing staff. Which is an intelligent, if probably fruitless, move.

Especially given that Ryder promptly reported it in the Chronicle like the fucking dope that he is. :lol:

• Haha 11

Just now, wykikitoon said:

I saw speculation about us after a Bayern CB too.

Like Gem babes says.  Ignore most of it.

fuck that, i've just started following loads of transfer spec twitter accounts - bring it the fuck on

• Haha 5

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Was riding with a lad today who's old fella is well in at Leeds United. Apparently we have made enquiry into Philips but they're not willing to sell in Jan. 

Fuck sake, man, too much information. 

• Haha 6

On 13/11/2021 at 14:44, wykikitoon said:

Was riding with a lad today who's old fella is well in at Leeds United. Apparently we have made enquiry into Philips but they're not willing to sell in Jan. 

For my money I'd be looking at Nat Phillips even Matt Phillips. But I'm not a Saudi investor that can afford to take big money gambles on the Kalvin's of the world. 

2 hours ago, Ant said:

Rabiot would be a great signing, likewise happy with Ake

need a goalscorer badly to make the second half of the season less worrying mind, throw money at someone like Mertens whose not starting regularly for Napoli but is quality and prob 1-2 years left at most, big money two year contract till we can get to the summer, I rate Lozano as well likewise at Napoli, was linked to Everton at one stage 

they won't sell this season (Napoli) Mertens is about 2 seasons past his best. which probably means he walks into our first team. 

2 hours ago, canofbeans said:

they won't sell this season (Napoli) Mertens is about 2 seasons past his best. which probably means he walks into our first team. 

I'd have Di Lorenzo from them and Spinazzola from Roma if he's fit yet? (Eeeee, look at me getting all transferey and thinking big). :lol:

@Antchange the lads name to tinofbeans, man. It's doing my head in. 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'd have Di Lorenzo from them and Spinazzola from Roma if he's fit yet? (Eeeee, look at me getting all transferey and thinking big). :lol:

@Antchange the lads name to tinofbeans, man. It's doing my head in. 

Look at yee,  ya dirty great trequartista :D

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Have you heard his podcast- Walker Waffle? 

:lol: Used to go to school with a kid called Waffle*. 

*Note to self. Put childhood friend called Waugh/Waffle in next Ryder entry*

DbyhepwWkAEc-hl.jpg

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol: Funnily enough, so did I. 

He was banged up in September for hooliganism, daft twat. 

That's not who I was thinking of but know of another Woffy who was a bit of a hoolie and from Walker. Must be the name vexing them. 

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Loves pineapple, and racism. 

Sounds like the start of a Twitter bio. "Anti-EU, pro-free speech, I block anyone who uses pronouns 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 #FreeTommy" and a profile pic that's a bad photo of an ugly dog.

• Haha 7

• Tom locked this topic