The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

It's all for clicks from his employer's POV and if you were to ask villa fans of a certain age who they get misty eyed about he will definitely not be one so along with his shit craic he's an absolute shoo-in for talksport. Best not engaged with as that's their whole point. As an aside, that stupid pencil-esque tache he has makes him look like a 1940s throwback spiv.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Thing is, it works. Every time one of these gobshites, shite out of their gob it gets the mob storming to twitter, torches and forks in hand. 

Talksport's entire business model is based on getting people to click a link, or call their premium number, so the sooner the mob cotton onto that fact, the better for everyone. 

Mind, other outlets benefit from it as well. For every talksport clip that pisses off the fans, there are pieces in the Athletic, the Chronicle, or wherever that people will click on to see some Journo/pundit speaking in favour of the place. 

• Like 2

I really don't understand this repeated thing about players 'not wanting to sign on for a relegation battle'. They'll have release clauses if we get relegated so they can piss off afterwards if things go tits up. So no harm no foul for them. And, they must consider the longer term or at the very least the remainder of their 2.5-4.5 years of their contracts after the second half of this season. Are we really giving players so little credit that we think they're unable to see beyond the first six months of their time here?

The roadmap could be laid out to new signings as: five year contract: signing on for relegation battle to prove themselves and win the adoration of the supporter base, become first team player for mid-table side next season. Then, subsequently first team player in a team challenging for Europe, first team player for side playing in Europe, first team player for a team challenging for silverware.

There are medium and long-term goals to consider beyond the first six months of their contract. It seems to me getting in the door now is an opportunity more than it's some sort of poisoned scenario for them in having to suffer the indignation of being asked to avoid relegation from the division. Not every footballer is as thick as the plonkers we have at the club now. Some, I imagine, must be capable of seeing a bigger picture.

The actual worry would be paying massive overs for players now in a window that is notorious for being a minefield. Lucky, though, that we're owned by the richest conglomerate involved in football. Money is the issue for clubs in this window; it is not an issue for our owners. So, it's happy days as far as I can tell.

Edited by toonotl
  • Like 4

"Think ah'll put something like......

'Former toon star, once a starlet for Sir Bobby Robson at the cathedral on the hill, Stephen Glass SHATTERS Matty's SPL dreams.'

You just can't buy craic like that, diary. Punter's number one for a fucking reason,  believe you, me. Lol! Ryder hit's the back of the net once ah-fuckin-gain!"

IMG_20200419_133927.thumb.jpg.230507bcf57dfba5d7de8f05a1b4f586.jpg

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 10
  • Jaysus... 1

Eddie Howe once again lowering January transfer expectations, in his post match interview.

Good thing, bad thing, who knows, but the bloke is definitely getting a tune outta what seemed like a well fucked violin.

Not sure about Lingard in some respects. He's definitely better than a lot of what we have in the squad, but there's no guarantee he'd display the same form as he showed when at West Ham. He was in the best form of his life at West Ham during that period. You could say he's been wasted at Man U in an expensively assembled squad, but he's also had a habit of going missing for long periods of the season when he's gotten a chance there in previous years. So yeah I would take him, but I wouldn't throw stupid money at him. Then again I suppose given the fight we're in it might be the case that we have to throw stupid money at players who are merely good as opposed to great. As for Howe lowering expectations I think he's trying to keep the players he has now focused, perhaps also lower the agents and clubs expectations when they try to overcharge us, and lower the expectations of the small minority of fans who think it's feasible to get superstars in January if we just throw enough money at it. 

• Like 1

Funnily enough, I saw the s***s d****t Christmas advert the other day with Pickford. 
I guarantee he only agreed to it because he thought 

“ This’ll wind the mags up”. 

Not anymore-Dropped the ball again, T-Rex:lol: 

• Haha 1

• Tom locked this topic