The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

I would love Lingard. Purely because he’s an absolute bellend. A proper comic book modern footballer, we’re going to need them if we’re ever to be truly unbearable. 

“J-Lingz bought £8m diamond encrusted Ferrari AFTER penalty miss & told fan “it’s sound fan, merked!”

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I would love Lingard. Purely because he’s an absolute bellend. A proper comic book modern footballer, we’re going to need them if we’re ever to be truly unbearable. 

“J-Lingz bought £8m diamond encrusted Ferrari AFTER penalty miss & told fan “it’s sound fan, merked!”

:lol: We should bring back Dutty Custard as Director of Arseholery. 

As well as legal experience He’s also got experience in tricky technical situations like when someone put a raw chicken on the bonnet of his car for seemingly no reason.

• Haha 3

Remember the time Knacker Nile nearly knocked over MF and the family and MF was foaming shouting, 'It's alright, Nile, we should've got off the road quicker, great game the other day, Nile. You never stopped, nice meeting you, good luck for the rest of the season, mate! Any chance of a selfie, Nile? Nah, it's alright, we're a bit busy too to be honest, mate. Cheers, Nile!'

😉

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Remember the time Knacker Nile nearly knocked over MF and the family and MF was foaming shouting, 'It's alright, Nile, we should've got off the road quicker, great game the other day, Nile. You never stopped, nice meeting you, good luck for the rest of the season, mate! Any chance of a selfie, Nile? Nah, it's alright, we're a bit busy too to be honest, mate. Cheers, Nile!'

😉

Lest-We-Forget.jpg

:lol:

• Haha 3

Newcastle finally secured their first victory of the Premier League season on Saturday, a morale-boosting win over Burnley that has lifted them off bottom spot and to within three points of safety.

It will raise hopes at St James’ Park that head coach Eddie Howe’s side can avoid relegation from the top flight and potentially helps their recruitment aspirations heading into the January window.

They are keen to bolster in a number of areas, most notably defence, and The Athletic has learned that one of their primary targets is the Lille and Netherlands Under-21 centre-back Sven Botman.

Botman is regarded among the most promising talents in his position and it may be indicative of Newcastle’s ambition under their new owners that they are exploring the possibility of signing him.

The 21-year-old Dutchman joined Lille from Ajax for €8 million in 2020 and helped them end their decade-long wait for a French title, interrupting Paris Saint-Germain’s dominance in the process.

With Lille on course to qualify for the Champions League knockout stage, they will be reluctant to sell Botman — who is under contract at Stade Pierre-Mauroy until 2025 — before next summer.

That stance might be reinforced by the knowledge that a number of clubs are thought to be keen on acquiring Botman at the end of the current campaign, as opposed to during the winter market.

So it is likely to take an exceptional offer to prise him from Lille, but given their well-documented financial problems sources believe that an offer in the region of £40 million could prove sufficient.

Newcastle would need to decide whether they are prepared to reach such levels of investment and meet salary demands that are sure to place Botman towards the summit of their pay scale.

While the pursuit of options like Botman are being driven by the head of recruitment Steve Nickson, Howe will be heavily involved in the process and is thought to approve of the towering defender.

If we were to go for Botman I'd like to see us go for a centre half with premier league experience, and more experience in general, as well. A 40m price tag and all that pressure from being put in a team half way through a season of fighting relegation, is unlikely to see him hit the ground running. The rumours about Trippier don't seem to be fading either. It makes sense given he's played under Howe before. Then again even though he's 31 he would perhaps still expect to get a few more years of Champions League level football yet, hence the Man U links from a while back. But perhaps if the noises from the Champions League clubs in England have gone quiet, he'd take a fat late career contract, and a reunion with Eddie.

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

tripper would be class like. he's my little boy's favourite england player too so he'd be buzzing 

I think you mean he'd be tripping

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I want this to happen, just to amuse myself seeing fat gammons wondering around the city with “Botman” on the back of their replica tops. :lol:

i've always been a botman rather than a titman 

• Haha 2

• Tom locked this topic