The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

We arent in a position to play hardball with anyone. We need players in and need them in ASAP. We have a string of winnable games coming up, we need to strengthen now. If the club is worried about losing face in negotiations with other clubs then write the botman purchase as an 'undisclosed fee' when agreeing terms with Lille. 

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Unfortunately I think we need to walk away from Botman now. The club are taking the piss, so let them keep him and their financial problems, and maybe we'll get him in the summer or later in the window if they realise the chance is slipping away and the player kicks up a fuss. 

Turn to other targets. There's a temptation to say just give them what they want but they MUST be taking the piss with the add ons for that to the the sticking point. We need to show other clubs that if you try and take the piss we'll walk away and your big pay day will disappear. 

Screenshot_20220108-205152_Twitter.jpg

27 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Apparently Lille are just wanting different, more immediate add-ones because they’re fucking skint so I say just give them £4 million extra instead of haggling over the 6 month of Apple Music that they’re after

Make them an offer they can't refuse

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Fuck it off now. Let Botman go radge with them then offer them 25 take it or leave it in summer. It shows we aren't going to be pushed about. 

Youre not a patient man are you? 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Winston said:

We arent in a position to play hardball with anyone. We need players in and need them in ASAP. We have a string of winnable games coming up, we need to strengthen now. If the club is worried about losing face in negotiations with other clubs then write the botman purchase as an 'undisclosed fee' when agreeing terms with Lille. 

That is not true. We are in the position to play hard ball. It is not deadline day, players want to come. It is not just Trippier who has shown this, Botman has shown desire. We hold the cards. There is more than Botman who can improve our back line. We need to stop any panic as a fan base and trust the process. I started to doubt when Bruce was in charge for Tottenham,  I was wrong. I worried when we seemed unable to find a replacement,  I was wrong. I didn't actually think someone like Trippier would come here. I think we need to trust the process as they have actually shown in a short spell their capability to make good decisions. 

5 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

That is not true. We are in the position to play hard ball. It is not deadline day, players want to come. It is not just Trippier who has shown this, Botman has shown desire. We hold the cards. There is more than Botman who can improve our back line. We need to stop any panic as a fan base and trust the process. I started to doubt when Bruce was in charge for Tottenham,  I was wrong. I worried when we seemed unable to find a replacement,  I was wrong. I didn't actually think someone like Trippier would come here. I think we need to trust the process as they have actually shown in a short spell their capability to make good decisions. 

Hi Mehrdad

Thanks for buying us. 

Out of interest, does Amanda like it up the wrong’un or nay? 

• Haha 4

Francesco Miniero:

“The biggest obstacle is to convince Lille."

“Newcastle are a big club, which play in a top league such as the Premier League."

“It is true that their situation in the league table is risky but let’s see what happens in the next 24 days.”

25 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Lille have added £10m on their asking price too after watching that back two.

the mind can only boggle as to what fiorentina have lumped on top of vlahovic's asking price if they've watched our inability to put the ball in the back of the net.

• Like 2

Is it a requirement that we state that information? If not I’m really fucking confused as to why we’ve come out and willingly told everyone we are COMPLETELY desperate for a striker this window. I know there was a feeling that was the case but surely we could have played it off and said we were hopeful to see him back by the end of the month. Unless there’s some requirement to disclose the extent of the injury that I’m missing. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Howay said:

Is it a requirement that we state that information? If not I’m really fucking confused as to why we’ve come out and willingly told everyone we are COMPLETELY desperate for a striker this window. I know there was a feeling that was the case but surely we could have played it off and said we were hopeful to see him back by the end of the month. Unless there’s some requirement to disclose the extent of the injury that I’m missing. 

I agree. It would make more sense to say 2 to 3 weeks and just keep adding a week. 

• Like 1

• Tom locked this topic