The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

If we stay up (I think we will) the next window could be hilarious as Agents scramble to get us to hire their clients who didn't fancy it this time around.

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Two 30 year old strikers for a combined cost of £50m. I know they'll "pay for themselves" if we stay in the division, but it must be a sign that we're drawing a LOT of blanks elsewhere. 

I also hope we are targeting some players who can at least get them the fucking ball. 

Maybe this means we have no interest in Eketike anymore, or that we plan to agree to loaning him back? Or the utterly insane, but also hilarious third option if we get Zapata, and Etekite which would mean we basically bought Wood to weaken Burnley. 

• Haha 1

Have the crazy rumours not just made people a bit unrealistic though? At the start of the window I know I would have settled for enough player of the right quality to see us just staying up by finishing 4th bottom? We’re not there yet but what I mean is that was probably the absolute best we could hope for. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I think it was the supposed positive noises coming from the players. I'm now worried that anyone who does want to come to us might be a bit shit. This Carlos lad for example. 

Aye well I think they were probably saying I’ll come for £250k and week and a relegation clause. 

37 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think it was the supposed positive noises coming from the players. I'm now worried that anyone who does want to come to us might be a bit shit. This Carlos lad for example. 

That Diego lad was on here a few weeks ago saying he was shite.

• Haha 3

I always know when I see wykiki post in this thread that it's gonna be a twitter rumour. What I fucking DO NOT EXPECT and WILL NOT TOLERATE is it to be one from four hours ago that I've already mentioned. 

Up your game, fuckface! 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

If we stay up (I think we will) the next window could be hilarious as Agents scramble to get us to hire their clients who didn't fancy it this time around.

What makes you think we'll stay up?  I can understand anyone having hope we'll stay up but I don't see how anyone can retain confidence.  We have 18 games left and will need to will about 8 of those unless the three teams around us have a level of shitness that's even worse than ours has been so far this season.  That must be unlikely so we're going to have to do it ourselves.  And given we've played Cambridge, Norwich, Burnley (twice) and Watford at home this season while only picking up a single win, confidence is not something I can muster.  Yes we have more money than anyone else but rightly or wrongly they don't seem to want to risk getting their pants pulled down in this window, or the players we have identified as being ones to move us forward aren't interested in us for the time being.

Quite simply we are running out of games and finding the kind of form that survival would take is certainly less than probable.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Ken said:

That Diego lad was on here a few weeks ago saying he was shite.

Yep.

Diego Carlos is not my favourite. For me, is the same kind of CB than Lascelles. Carlos is better with the ball, but sometimes this is bad thing because he thinks is better than he is and make a massive mistake.

I think that he is better because of the rest of the players in Sevilla. I mean, Kounde, Acuña, Navas and Fernando playing with him helps a lot. 

He is very strong and good in aereal plays, but he is very slow in short movements.

And there are one stats that... He did 10 penalties in two seasons. The most in Europe.

• Jaysus... 1

53 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

What makes you think we'll stay up?  I can understand anyone having hope we'll stay up but I don't see how anyone can retain confidence.  We have 18 games left and will need to will about 8 of those unless the three teams around us have a level of shitness that's even worse than ours has been so far this season.  That must be unlikely so we're going to have to do it ourselves.  And given we've played Cambridge, Norwich, Burnley (twice) and Watford at home this season while only picking up a single win, confidence is not something I can muster.  Yes we have more money than anyone else but rightly or wrongly they don't seem to want to risk getting their pants pulled down in this window, or the players we have identified as being ones to move us forward aren't interested in us for the time being.

Quite simply we are running out of games and finding the kind of form that survival would take is certainly less than probable.

Well, we've won once all season and are still within 3pts of safety. We're likely to improve the squad (further) and get our first choice striker back too. I don't think we're going to win once all season. We've looked all right in quite a few games but have been let down by a) poor quality player, b) timidity in the players. This is a squad of lads who've had fuck all coaching for 2 years, fuck all conditioning for 2 years. 

As long as we can keep in touch, I believe we can survive. 

Brentford have offered Eriksen a 6 month deal with the option of another year. He's got links with Thomas Frank as well. 

But surely we can gazump these dicksplashes with some filthy Saudi lucre. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Brentford have offered Eriksen a 6 month deal with the option of another year. He's got links with Thomas Frank as well. 

But surely we can gazump these dicksplashes with some filthy Saudi lucre. 

6 months and a fucking huge bonus if we stay up

• Like 1

It would be a fairytale but it’s a massive punt isn’t it? Bringing back a bloke who had to be resuscitated? It usually ends careers.

I’m sure there is a much higher number of players suffering heart problems today than ever before. A cynic might suggest the game is awash with performance-enhancing drugs.  

• Tom locked this topic