The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

I've zero problem with bringing in a loan player or two. We've done ok in that market before (Dubravka, Kenedy, Willock, Willems) and done badly (Slimani, Bentaleb, Kenedy, Doumbia, etc.)

8 minutes ago, OTF said:

Coming at it more from the angle that clubs do not want to lose quality players part way through the season and therefore in January you have to pay more than those players may otherwise be worth. That's the unfortunate situation we're in. Add to that that we're odds on for relegation and we also have to pay over the top in wages as well. It sucks but it's the way it is.

Oh absolutely, we've got to bite the bullet at some point.

Just not losing my shit at this point with half the month to go and only one game left in the window (unlike some of our fans)

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I've zero problem with bringing in a loan player or two. We've done ok in that market before (Dubravka, Kenedy, Willock, Willems) and done badly (Slimani, Bentaleb, Kenedy, Doumbia, etc.)

If that mystery target turned out to be Eriksen Id be ecstatic.

We'd go from Ritchie and Shelvey to Trippier and Eriksen as our dead ball takers.

I think its fair to say such a substantial upgrade in that regard in one window has never been achieved by any other team in the history of football.

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

If that mystery target turned out to be Eriksen Id be ecstatic.

We'd go from Ritchie and Shelvey to Trippier and Eriksen as our dead ball takers.

I think its fair to say such a substantial upgrade in that regard in one window has never been achieved by any other team in the history of football.

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You know as well as I do that your main man Sean C has said to ignore this report because Italian journalists work for the agents. 

I'm banned from citing anything from him.

Really getting the feeling now that this window will end up being slightly farcical now. Watch the majority of fans all become team bedwetter members overnight after we get cunted by Leeds with the same first 11 that played Watford

Really expected more to be done in 18 days like, the big targets we had in mind clearly don’t want to come but did we have no easier to acquire back up list with some good players on from leagues that would sell/player would want to come?

January 18th 2016 we were 18th and Mike Ashley had paid for 2 new players already. Andros Townsend would sign on the 27th.. just saying 

Edited by 247

So far it feels to me like they're trying to take players who will go down with us in order to maximise the value of the buys. I'm fine with this approach really; if we go down then we'll be more than kitted out well enough to handle the championship. I'd imagine that's the stumbling block for everyone else though.

That said, I recall someone saying that Botman would run on until the end of the window for one reason or another, so maybe there are still movements waiting to happen.

There'll be no bedwetting from me unless the window shuts and we don't have what we need. There's 13 days left and traditionally, as @PaddockLadsays, stuff doesn't start to shake loose til the last couple of days.

The idea that we could all of our business done in the first week, just cos that's what we needed to have happen, was probably complete pie in the sky stuff. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, The Fish said:

What dusty little compartment of your brain did you dredge that from?!

I think I saw it in the first or second series of Madmen

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

I should write to them and complain if I were you mate... 

I don’t want to waste any of their time, last thing we need is them reading my complaint when they could be calling Sevilla to ask really, really nicely again 

• Haha 4

is anyone concerned by the alleged central defensive targets. carlos, who diego doesn't rate, which is good enough for me sounds like he has a mistake in him. and botman, a 22 year old unproven outside the french league 

I think there is going to be a huge element of risk (more than usual) when it comes to bringing in these foreign lads. The club clearly hasn’t got everything set up as it needs to be in time for the window, who knows who’s choices these players are? I doubt it’s Howes. We are lacking anyone at the club with big contacts in other leagues and this is costing us big time. It would have been interesting to see what kind of deals we might have done by now with someone like Rafa and his contact book around.

Edited by 247

• Tom locked this topic