The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

21 hours ago, The Fish said:

Well, we've won once all season and are still within 3pts of safety. We're likely to improve the squad (further) and get our first choice striker back too. I don't think we're going to win once all season. We've looked all right in quite a few games but have been let down by a) poor quality player, b) timidity in the players. This is a squad of lads who've had fuck all coaching for 2 years, fuck all conditioning for 2 years. 

As long as we can keep in touch, I believe we can survive. 

Believing we can and thinking we will are two different things though.  As things stand, I don't think we will or believe we can.  Of course that could change with further signings.  There's only Norwich who have looked a worse side than us up here this season.  That is a very real problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Believing we can and thinking we will are two different things though.  As things stand, I don't think we will or believe we can.  Of course that could change with further signings.  There's only Norwich who have looked a worse side than us up here this season.  That is a very real problem.

I don't think that's true. I think we've looked better than a good number of teams, we just haven't finished them off. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Who the fuck is that cunt?

He is playing in Fenerbache.

I did an Amazing Eurocup last summer, but I have only saw him there so I can't value him so much.

Atletico and Chelsea look like very interested in him since Summer, but Atletico don't have money and Chelsea are tyying to renew the Christensen, Thiago and Rudiger Contracts. 

39 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I don't think that's true. I think we've looked better than a good number of teams, we just haven't finished them off. 

we've been shite pretty much all season. there have been a few games where we were unlucky with red cards injuries, mistakes leading to goals etc but it's generous to suggest we've been better than a number of teams. we should have beaten man u, we beat burnley. i can't remember many others that we deserved to win. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

we've been shite pretty much all season. there have been a few games where we were unlucky with red cards injuries, mistakes leading to goals etc but it's generous to suggest we've been better than a number of teams. we should have beaten man u, we beat burnley. i can't remember many others that we deserved to win. 

Watford, Norwich as well.

I'm not claiming we've been great or owt, just that individual errors have cost us significantly. Even in games where we've been outplayed, things could have been very different had we not suffered from individual mistakes born of poor quality players.

22 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'm not claiming we've been great or owt, just that individual errors have cost us significantly. Even in games where we've been outplayed, things could have been very different had we not suffered from individual mistakes born of poor quality players.

i take it you're referring to the away game?

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

against watford we sat back and panicked as soon we we scored and they deservedly equalised in the end. we would have beaten norwich with 11 men, i think

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

against watford we sat back and panicked as soon we we scored and they deservedly equalised in the end. we would have beaten norwich with 11 men, i think

100% agree, we score and we're immediately thinking "just have to hold on"  instead of "lets put these fuckers to the sword"

7 minutes ago, tooner said:

100% agree, we score and we're immediately thinking "just have to hold on"  instead of "lets put these fuckers to the sword"

I agree, but again, I think that's because of the players. Specifically Lascelles and Shelvey. I think replacing them with better (not a huge ask in JL's case) mean those dropped points will be picked up later in the season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

rafa didn't sign riviere, did he? joselu was his donkey

Yeah having checked he was a Pardew signing, but there was a bit of a cross over. It was Muto who we signed as a forward instead that season as 247 said. 

Edited by Polarboy

Here we go then. Sevilla team are due to fly to Valencia for their next game, if Carlos is on that flight theres no way he makes it here to be registered in time for Leeds. Looks like this might mean hes avoiding going to Valencia and trying to push the move through from his side asap

Edited by 247
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

That Carlos asking to leave is about the only way we’re going to get him, fucking hell. How much do those cunts actually want?

I think every cunt we want is going to have to do an Odemwingie, and even then it might not be enough.

• Haha 1

• Tom locked this topic