The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

That's it. Yes we are shite at the back. However we are also not creating the goals and have little threat going forward.  Have they become tunnel vision on this? 

Exactly, we're scoring less than a goal a game. We don't only need to shore up the back we also need to create more chances and ultimately score more goals. We need sharp players with movement and pace, not Longstaff, Shelvey, Hayden, Willock, Hendrick etc

Well, they did buy Chris Wood at a high price , from a relegation rival.

WTF happened to Willock though, seriously.

For me, defence has to be the priority, but personally I think it could be vastly improved by dropping Lascelles and I thought that Trippier coming in might well have done that. It boggles my mind how he's getting first choice pick and retaining the armband - Clark gets a lot of hate, but he's probably a better defender than JL, Then we've Schar, Dummett and Fernandez (the Bruce saga mole?) - who can all play CB.

Edited by scoobos

Time to start going down the list of players and getting the ones who may not be blow away brilliant, but will improve the side enough to get to 17th come May. I get the idea of signing the best players possible but fucking hell, time is getting on now. The fifth choice under this lot will surely be better than the fifth choice under Ashley

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, scoobos said:

Well, they did buy Chris Wood at a high price , from a relegation rival.

WTF happened to Willock though, seriously.

For me, defence has to be the priority, but personally I think it could be vastly improved by dropping Lascelles and I thought that Trippier coming in might well have done that. It boggles my mind how he's getting first choice pick and retaining the armband - Clark gets a lot of hate, but he's probably a better defender than JL, Then we've Schar, Dummett and Fernandez (the Bruce saga mole?) - who can all play CB.

Fede has been injured so that hasn't helped.

Howe is all about keeping the team happy and morale. Happy camp and all that.  He isn't going to strip Lascelles of his captaincy part way through a season for just being shit.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

The players we were after are going to be fuming at their clubs tbh 

i still think a lot of them could be rekindled in the final days of the window, which isn't ideal for us given our situation 

12 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

It has to be the league position. But i am still wondering if Howe is refusing to get players in who want a relegation clause. If that's the case hes fucking radge

Several of the linked players have reportedly agreed terms, so it's got fuck all to do with our league position and is, instead, entirely because the clubs can see we're minted and want to squeeze us for every penny possible.

Reims' president on  Ektike,

“They did offer us €35m all in, but with a number of bonuses, some of them were quasi-impossible to reach. Like for example, winning the Champions’ League… We want €30 million flat and €10 million achievable bonuses.”

Doesn't seem like too big of an ask imo.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i still think a lot of them could be rekindled in the final days of the window, which isn't ideal for us given our situation 

Yeh especially because most clubs are just posturing. They’ll be desperate to sell because the football model for most clubs isn’t a £700,000,000,000 oil fund, its a circle of debt.

20 minutes ago, MrBass said:

Does anyone think he merely mistranslated CHAMPIONSHIP :lol: 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, MrBass said:

I might try our approach in tesco later.

I'll give you £2 for this pack of chicken thighs now, another £1 later if they don't make me barf up and a further £2 if the curry I make wins masterchef.

see if they're agreeable?

:lol:

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeh especially because most clubs are just posturing. They’ll be desperate to sell because the football model for most clubs isn’t a £700,000,000,000 oil fund, its a circle of debt.

the difference is they can afford to wait until the final days to get the best price possible. we really are desperate and these selling clubs know it. in normal times, i'd say it's a good thing that the club try to pay as close to fair market value as possible. if, as looks increasingly likely, we fail to get anyone in for the leeds game, i can see us doing most of our business in the final days/hours of the window as we don't play again after leeds till feb 8th. 

48 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

yes, time to move on to another target. 

I hope the club are thinking in Senesi.

In addition, we did not do badly the last time we bought an Argentine central defender raised in the San Lorenzo Youth Team.

• Tom locked this topic