The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Barcelona DoF has confirmed Dembélé is out of the team because the player has rejected offers to renew his contract since last 6 months and the player should be out of the team in this January market in a permanent transfer. 

I suspect Dembele will not leave in January, be frozen out and then leave on a free in the Summer. He has astronomical wage demands for a player who can't be fit for 3 games in a row.

image.png.eef20286eeeed63c2f8b16acc3f99804.png

Look at those injuries, hamstring is a big no for players who rely on pace. 

My worry is we pay £20m or something for him because he can be a "marquee" signing for the owners and put him on a huge wage. He's a much bigger risk than Gosen who I actually rate and would love here if he was fit.

4 minutes ago, Phoenix711 said:

I suspect Dembele will not leave in January, be frozen out and then leave on a free in the Summer. He has astronomical wage demands for a player who can't be fit for 3 games in a row.

image.png.eef20286eeeed63c2f8b16acc3f99804.png

Look at those injuries, hamstring is a big no for players who rely on pace. 

My worry is we pay £20m or something for him because he can be a "marquee" signing for the owners and put him on a huge wage. He's a much bigger risk than Gosen who I actually rate and would love here if he was fit.

I told something similar a few weeks ago when there seemed to be real interest in him. Also, aside from all those injuries, he has a lot of problems in his lifestyle. Barcelona has sanctioned him many times because he stays playing the video game console until late at night, he has been late to train many times for that reason.

They say that most of his injuries are because he ignores Barcelona's demands for rest that he has to keep at home and because he has very bad eating habits.

PS: In my opinion, Dembélé will sign for PSG or Juventus with a very high signing bonus.

• Like 1

'Hello, yes this is Amanda again. So you say the price is £30m? How about we offer you £7.5m now and increments of £100k per month for the next 2 years and then if we win back to back Champions Leagues we will pay £15m'

'Helllo?  Hello?'

'Usually works with FM with the editor tool in use'

'Mehrdad, Mehrdad, tuppance needs a play as Mandy Pandy is not happy'

You do, but we don't want to send a message that we can be fleeced. It is an investment fund, not a personal plaything (or that's what they'd say). 

If we start giving cash like this (e.g. 3.5mil loan fee , not "pay his wages" and 1.5 mil extra if he signs) - it sets a precedant..

Asking a loan fee  + 100% wages for someone on a free in 6 months is a bit cheeky like.

Perhaps, maybe... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scoobos said:

You do, but we don't want to send a message that we can be fleeced. It is an investment fund, not a personal plaything (or that's what they'd say). 

If we start giving cash like this (e.g. 3.5mil loan fee , not "pay his wages" and 1.5 mil extra if he signs) - it sets a precedant..

Asking a loan fee  + 100% wages for someone on a free in 6 months is a bit cheeky like.

Perhaps, maybe... 

Agreed on the point but we’re kind of over a barrel and have no leverage in any negotiation. It’s Manchester United’s last chance to get any money for him, the only thing they’d save is 6 months wages if they let him go for no fee + 100% wages which to them makes no difference. 

I understand people’s point that certain clubs might fold and be more open to sell nearer the end of the window as they really do want the money - but a lot of the ones we are going for seem happy enough to hold on until the summer window so I’m not sure if this tactic would make sense. Maybe it applies more to say Burnley who seem in real short term cash need, and we go and nick Tarkowski off them, but I think Sevilla are likely happy to hold onto Carlos until summer the same way Lille seem okay with waiting until the summer to sell Botman. 

• Like 3

:lol: What was the last offer £1.5m? Are we going to go up in £500k increments or maybe go with £100k increments until they accept or Stevie Geeeee comes out of nowhere with a £10m loan offer. 

:lol: It's fucking painful like.  Easier when we knew we weren't going to sign anyone.

It's Hobsons coice tbh.  Even players 4th or 5th down the list that would still improve our squad like we will have to pay a premium.  Like Howay says, we have fuck all leverage. It's a sellars market in Jan.  Always has been.

• Tom locked this topic