The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Ah they're publicly traded. This makes more sense then. 

Whenever Man United are buying someone the announcement is always "deal agreed in principle" for the same reason - they're on the NYSE and announcements have to be handled a certain way. 

Sounds like the same goes for Lyon. There's some complications around how they handle announcements and they don't like all this social media shit insisting the player has gone. 

• Like 2

I'm going to be positive and believe that he is indeed fascinated by the vision he's been shown, which is quite frankly exciting stuff even in the context of all these piss stained mattresses.

Aye the fact they’re publicly listed gives much better background for why that tweet was made. The football world tends to be quick to announce things before all of the paper work is signed, even if it is all basically agreed Lyon can’t really allow wild speculation. 

• Like 1

Imagine us having a good midfield actually able to boss games? When was the last time that was the case? 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

Aye, I had put the Robson days originally but that brief period when Cabaye and Tiote were playing together was brilliant, especially in the context of before and afterwards 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye the fact they’re publicly listed gives much better background for why that tweet was made. The football world tends to be quick to announce things before all of the paper work is signed, even if it is all basically agreed Lyon can’t really allow wild speculation. 

I publically retract my earlier statement about the French (privately it's still true though not relevant here).

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, I had put the Robson days originally but that brief period when Cabaye and Tiote were playing together was brilliant, especially in the context of before and afterwards 

it was the best side of the ashley era by far - bit of an anomaly really - and probably peak graham carr with the likes of colo, taylor, santon, tiote, cabaye, ben arfa, ba and cisse 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

There’s times even with quality players we didn’t have a midfield under Pardew because we spent the match booting it over them.

40 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Webster is how we signed Jonas. It came about because of EU law so I'm not sure if it applies and if it does as to whether it only applies in cross-border transfers.

So if it doesn't happen its essentially CT's fault? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Our fans man :lol: 

Lad on the left was tweeting me on the lead up to the EU referendum. You're never going to guess which way he was swayed towards voting? :lol: Definitely a carrot short of a casserole. 

• Haha 4

• Tom locked this topic