The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Aye he’s loopy as fuck. 

Ironically he’s in lasses DMs all the time. Allegedly/GDPR/The cops. 

:lol: I'd forgotten about that. Didn't he used to put 'good morning' and tag 90% of female football fans on twitter? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Sounds like the Emery fiasco all over again!

They just don't seem to fuckin learn do they. 

I mean is there a mole anymore? I doubt Ferd's leaking this stuff.

I find it endearing to think they are as excited as us tho, and just getting carried away with things.

56 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Lad on the left was tweeting me on the lead up to the EU referendum. You're never going to guess which way he was swayed towards voting? :lol: Definitely a carrot short of a casserole. 

Thought purple Aki was supposed to be a manc or a scouser? :lol:

• Haha 1

Seems like a novel idea for a podcast. Discussing players they’ve heard of but haven’t seen play. “So when did you first hear about this player?” “Just before, when you mentioned him” 

• Haha 7

Is that Bakker from PSG?

I know him only by the name. 

I mean, I have saw him a couple of times in PSG when he was 18 or 19, but I don't know more about him. He played a lot last year in Paris, but...

I am seeing his agent is Mino Raiola.... And Mino is in a hospital right now and from the news he appears to be in serious condition. 

Wood & Burn in the same transfer window? Fuck me, I know we need to be on fire the 2nd half of this season but they're taking it a bit too literal ... 

• Haha 6

30 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

50m for a bloke who has barely had a kick all season and has 6 months left on his contract 

So overall it’s a pet peeve of mine as I always find it disrespectful when reporters say “United” about Manchester United, but in a fucking story about two teams called United would it kill them to put Manchester for fuck sake. 

On topic £50m is absurd, it’s also a load of shite as it’s Manchester ‘not a real’ United holding our feet to the fire, West Ham paid £1.5m for him on loan last season supposedly so why is it 10 times that? It’s pure and utter greed, which is fine but the reporters don’t need to report shite about how it’s tied to valuation :lol:. It’s also shameful of them to do to a lad who has been a very good pro for them and come through their academy especially after they priced him out of a move last summer then have basically never played him all season. In short they’re a bunch of cunts, if it’s an Avenue that is allowed we should have him pay up his contract through the Webster rule to piss them off. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Craig said:

Wood & Burn in the same transfer window? Fuck me, I know we need to be on fire the 2nd half of this season but they're taking it a bit too literal ... 

Bit of a step down from Botman and Robin (Gosens) potentially coming in for the defence

• Jaysus... 1

7 minutes ago, Howay said:

So overall it’s a pet peeve of mine as I always find it disrespectful when reporters say “United” about Manchester United, but in a fucking story about two teams called United would it kill them to put Manchester for fuck sake. 

On topic £50m is absurd, it’s also a load of shite as it’s Manchester ‘not a real’ United holding our feet to the fire, West Ham paid £1.5m for him on loan last season supposedly so why is it 10 times that? It’s pure and utter greed, which is fine but the reporters don’t need to report shite about how it’s tied to valuation :lol:. It’s also shameful of them to do to a lad who has been a very good pro for them and come through their academy especially after they priced him out of a move last summer then have basically never played him all season. In short they’re a bunch of cunts, if it’s an Avenue that is allowed we should have him pay up his contract through the Webster rule to piss them off. 

It's shithousery of the highest order. In the midst of all the greed they're forgetting there's a lad there who simply wants to play football and try to battle his way into the World Cup squad. 

As for the 'pet peeve', it used to boil my piss, but I'm over it these days. I recognise it's used by the media to differentiate between Man Utd & Man City rather than it be a form of disrespect towards the other 'Uniteds' in the English game. Most of the others are one-club cities such as ourselves so the suffix is regularly dropped. Those where there are 2 clubs like Sheffield tend to use it as a differentiator - Wednesday & United. The age of social media whereby there's a desire to use less characters has made things worse. 

If you want to piss them off, refer to them as Newton Heath - most won't have a fucking clue what you're on about.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 247 said:

Right I’ve had a few beers now and I can’t be fucked with this, is this Bruno cunt signing or not??

I reckon we'll find out in the next 5 days....

• Haha 1

• Tom locked this topic