Ayatollah Hermione

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

so let's assume by the window closes we have signed: 

tripper

wood

bruno

burn

bakker

how would everyone feel about it? i mean, compared to a typical january window under ashley it looks bloody brilliant, but is it enough to keep us up? you'd have to hope so. 

if you were being hyper critical it would feel like we missed out on our first choice centre backs in botman and carlos and maybe lacks "statement" signing though perhaps you could file tippier and bruno there. 

Need another striker or some sort of forward imo. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

tripper

wood

bruno

burn

bakker

how would everyone feel about it? i mean, compared to a typical january window under ashley it looks bloody brilliant, but is it enough to keep us up? you'd have to hope so. 

if you were being hyper critical it would feel like we missed out on our first choice centre backs in botman and carlos and maybe lacks "statement" signing though perhaps you could file tippier and bruno there. 

I'd be very happy with that window. Burn, Bakker and Trippier addresses our weak back line and Bruno elevates our midfield massively, Wood is decent squad filler.

for what it's worth, I don't think we're done signing strikers, so if we were to get all of them, plus Zapata, or Nunez, I'd be throwing my cock all over the place.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

tripper

wood

bruno

burn

bakker

Delighted.  After 14 years of fuck all this would be class.

The failure to get Botman or Carlos is not through trying.  We could hopefully go back in the summer though.

We get the players you have said and I am taking off my mattress protector I feel that confident.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Have you seen that video where they have the pie chart of the PL wealth distribution pre-takeover and the same post-takeover? :lol:

In case anyone hasn't. And I know that this is not ALL our money, but the same goes for the owners of all the other clubs. 

PRE TAKEOVER

Screenshot_20220127-110415_YouTube.thumb.jpg.a1a802a4fdee98b4b4eb976de231589a.jpg

POST TAKEOVER

Screenshot_20220127-110431_YouTube.thumb.jpg.a3245e13ac485135c93eff3e88157d73.jpg

That is objectively funny. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

If we ended up with those and another striker I’d be ecstatic. You have to compare it to what is reasonably possible given the position of the club and it being January. The above is cloud cuckoo stuff compared to the Ashley years 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Have you seen that video where they have the pie chart of the PL wealth distribution pre-takeover and the same post-takeover? :lol:

Aye :lol: 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

In case anyone hasn't. And I know that this is not ALL our money, but the same goes for the owners of all the other clubs. 

PRE TAKEOVER

Screenshot_20220127-110415_YouTube.thumb.jpg.a1a802a4fdee98b4b4eb976de231589a.jpg

POST TAKEOVER

Screenshot_20220127-110431_YouTube.thumb.jpg.a3245e13ac485135c93eff3e88157d73.jpg

That is objectively funny. :lol:

We know its bollocks though, right?

The PIF is not a piggy bank, it is actually an investment fund. They will spend crazy money, dont get me wrong and it might be a vanity project for the fund - but that pie chart has to be on the TOTAL value of the fund - which there's not a bloody chance you could even spend on 1 football club.

I mean.... :lol:

The segments for all the other owners are based on their total wealth too btw, not all (or even most) of which will be earmarked for expenditure on their clubs either. Which makes it a fair representation, at least relatively speaking of the distribution of wealth, and spending power, if not necessarily spending intention. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I mean.... :lol:

The segments for all the other owners are based on their total wealth too btw, not all (or even most) of which will be earmarked for expenditure on their clubs either. Which makes it a fair representation, at least relatively speaking of the distribution of wealth, and spending power, if not necessarily spending intention. 

Tbh if anything the “before” graph is probably less of a fair representation given Ashley was worth £4bn or so but never put a penny in. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

We’ve got more money than anyone else and we’re a sports washing vanity project. What’s not to like? 

That all sounds well and good but I’d rather be failing to win promotion from league 1 year in Year out without any concrete knowledge of who actually owns my club.

Maybe the odd fan could shit on his seat. You know, something classy!

• Haha 3

• Tom locked this topic