The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

I can’t imagine he won’t be an instant improvement on Longstaff tbf, even if he’s adjusting. I also think France to the PL isn’t a bad adjustment compared to other steps. 

The think is that I believe he is already adjusting to France.

Anyway, Tonight Brazil is playing against Ecuador.  I hope we can see him a few minutes.

• Like 1

The thing between Diego Carlos and Sevilla is complicated. It is true that Sevilla is a selling team, but this year the situation is special. They are second in the league (they are not going to win the league, I can assure you of that), but the problem is that their squad only has two good central defenders (Diego Carlos and Kounde), one very bad one (Rekik) and a midfielder who they have converted to play central but that is not (as in the past when Hayden played some games with us). Rekik also often plays on one of the wings.

If Sevilla sells Diego Carlos and at the end of the season, for whatever reason, they finish fifth... They kill Monchi. Sevilla have already been eliminated in the easiest group of the Champions League. Their season would be a failure because today they really think they can win the league... But they really know that if they decide to lose a game or two... Atlético and Barcelona can overtake them at the end of the championship .

I think that Sevilla has in mind to sell Diego Carlos, but in the summer, quietly. And maybe now they could get 40 million... But in the summer only 30 million... But getting to play in the Champions League will give them at least another 30 million so that's the play.

• Like 3

That’s all fair and on the surface appears to be the case. I just find it very fucking odd and coincidental that the day after (or the same day but later on) we turn our attention to another CB and basically walk away from the deal Monchi goes and does an interview with one of the major press outlets in the country of the interested party to basically discuss a supposedly impossible transfer move. I’ve really never seen that before. He then goes out of his way to highlight that it was a good bid, but it’s purely the timing that was difficult and that they’ll hold out until summer, which can be read as screaming for more money. Again it could be reading into things but it’s a bizarre move by Monchi imo if they have no intention of selling, the same as entertaining our bids for 3 weeks was. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Howay said:

That’s all fair and on the surface appears to be the case. I just find it very fucking odd and coincidental that the day after (or the same day but later on) we turn our attention to another CB and basically walk away from the deal Monchi goes and does an interview with one of the major press outlets in the country of the interested party to basically discuss a supposedly impossible transfer move. I’ve really never seen that before. He then goes out of his way to highlight that it was a good bid, but it’s purely the timing that was difficult and that they’ll hold out until summer, which can be read as screaming for more money. Again it could be reading into things but it’s a bizarre move by Monchi imo if they have no intention of selling, the same as entertaining our bids for 3 weeks was. 

Most likely, Monchi has been trying to sign one or two CBs to let Diego Carlos go. That's why he has never closed the door.

I think everything has been delayed because Sevilla, of the last 5-6 games, has had Koundé injured in 4. That left Diego Carlos as the only real central defender in the team. They couldn't afford to part with it.

Surely they have tried to sign a couple of players, but everything has been too late. If they had gotten the spare parts they considered, they would have let Diego Carlos out.

So from what I hear, we have zero interest in going for Carlos in the summer, we will move for younger targets. Our CM options are Guimeraes and Sangare both are provisionally agreed with Guimeraes the preferred (despite costing twice as much). Again take it with a grain of salt it’s second hand info, but as essembee says remember where you heard about Carlos first :lol: 

Also hear Howe has an absolute chub on hoping we get Guimeraes in :lol: 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

my trouser hose has slowed to a slow drip in recent days. it's no longer the gushing torrent it was pre-leeds.

partially because three points eased the pressure and we're not cut adrift, partially because we don't have any more games to go before the window shuts, so the rush for new faces is less urgent, partially because these deals were always going to be difficult in january.

but mainly because it's a seller's market and selling clubs know we're flush and desperate. plenty of these mooted deals will be done before the window closes. which ones remain to be seen but it feels like we'll get in at least a couple more. 

if we don't.....

pee GIF

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

my trouser hose has slowed to a slow drip in recent days. it's no longer the gushing torrent it was pre-leeds.

Might be worth getting the old prostate checked mate 

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I know fuck all about him (like all the other bullshitters who pretend they are experts in Bundesliga left backs) but wonder why he's only played 6 games for Leverkusen since signing?

I've only seen him play a couple of times (and that was years ago, at PSG), but according to Transfermarkt, he's made almost every start this year except for a handful due to ankle injury.

1691499047_Screenshot(5).png.b1d10c8042ce8917726f1a4d87ed25fd.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Diego21 said:

I've only seen him play a couple of times (and that was years ago, at PSG), but according to Transfermarkt, he's made almost every start this year except for a handful due to ankle injury.

1691499047_Screenshot(5).png.b1d10c8042ce8917726f1a4d87ed25fd.png

how did he look for psg? 

i also confess to knowing fuck all about him. still scratching my head asd to why digne didn't fancy our filthy lucre tbh

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

how did he look for psg? 

i also confess to knowing fuck all about him. still scratching my head asd to why digne didn't fancy our filthy lucre tbh

I don't remember much about him, because as I say, it was only a few of times and the boy was only 19-20 years old. What I do remember is that he seemed more like a center back to me playing as a left back.

He was good with the ball at his feet, he didn't seem very fast, but he was very intelligent, both in attack and defense.

I already say. It is not an opinion based on exhaustive monitoring, but only on a handful of matches.

I think he may be more like Paul Dummett than Jamal Lewis.

The same is not a very deep side that puts good crosses from the baseline (Be careful, in 16 games in Germany he has given 4 goal assists), but surely he will not make mistakes that mean that they score us a goal .

One thing that I like is that the player is from the Ajax Academy, which means that he will have a very good ball output, something that Howe seems to try to implement yes or yes and something that is very important for the future of the team (Guimaraes , Botman, Diego Carlos... Are this kind of player too with the ball)

• Like 2

• Tom locked this topic