The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

30 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

on the downside nketiah doesn't score many goals. even in the 2nd tier 3 in 17 for leeds isn't particularly prolific. think we're still taking a huge gamble with the strikers already on our books getting enough goals and this kids record doesn't look like it'll improve things that much.

I'm aware I'm leaving meself wide open to rebuke here from the statisticians who'll be able to narrow down the 3 in 17 to actual seconds on the pitch mind, but there's also the small matter of me actually hoping for haaland..... now!   :)

i quite liked the sound of ekitike as a wild card signing (if we can't have mbappe but at least get the next mbappe) but that talk seems to have dies a death

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

i quite liked the sound of ekitike as a wild card signing (if we can't have mbappe but at least get the next mbappe) but that talk seems to have dies a death

Downie is reporting that West Ham are in negotiations with Reims right now to sign him.

54 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

on the downside nketiah doesn't score many goals. even in the 2nd tier 3 in 17 for leeds isn't particularly prolific. think we're still taking a huge gamble with the strikers already on our books getting enough goals and this kids record doesn't look like it'll improve things that much.

I'm aware I'm leaving meself wide open to rebuke here from the statisticians who'll be able to narrow down the 3 in 17 to actual seconds on the pitch mind, but there's also the small matter of me actually hoping for haaland..... now!   :)

He scored 3 in 17 all from the bench. Longest game he had was 81'.  Apparently Leeds fans were pissed off with Bielsa for not starting him over Bamford. 

8 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He scored 3 in 17 all from the bench. Longest game he had was 81'.  Apparently Leeds fans were pissed off with Bielsa for not starting him over Bamford. 

ah, fair enough. I didn't research his leeds record very thoroughly!

mind you, I suppose a counter argument is that a quick look on an arsenal forum seems to indicate they'd be delighted to get shot of him. 

tend to agree that ekitike would be the better punt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xa9as said:

Don't see the point in Nketiah one bit - when you scratch the surface, he's actually a load of shit when you think how he's rated. Seems to pop up on the radar every 6 months by scoring a couple of goals in some cup tie, and go back to doing nothing. 

Went to Leeds aged 20 having only played 19 first team appearances - that tells me a lot, that at 20 years old he's barely kicked a ball. In my mind, he's 22 and has never really developed into anything near what people seem to perceive. On loan at Leeds, 3 goals in 17 in the most attacking team in the Division by a mile - goes back to Arsenal and has 4 goals in 34 appearances in the PL.... 9 goals in 16 in the Cups.

Would rather us go after someone like Cole Palmer from Man City - highly unlikely Guardiola/MC are wanting to loan him out at all, but he looks far superior to Nketiah, and is U21 so wouldn't take up a PL registration spot. 

We got told right at the start of the window that Cole Palmer wasn't available. 

57 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

ah, fair enough. I didn't research his leeds record very thoroughly!

mind you, I suppose a counter argument is that a quick look on an arsenal forum seems to indicate they'd be delighted to get shot of him. 

tend to agree that ekitike would be the better punt.

Totally. When hes been brought on this season he's done nothing 

1 minute ago, ohhh_yeah said:

"I mean I'm not saying I'm not ganna have a drink..... Mebbes couple of drinks...... Loosen one of me teammate's teeth a bit mebbes..... But aye I'll play a bit of footbaal too in between."

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Xa9as said:

Embarrassing how much he carries on when he gets fouled, tackled or things don't go his way. Took him a minute against Leeds to get back into position after he wasn't given his penalty... just flopped to the floor like a toddler then waddled back to our half whilst Leeds built an attack. Went chasing after the ref flailing his arms went his shirt was tugged a bit... Even last season when that midget Lamptey ran all over him in first 10mins against Brighton home he seemed to have a strop and down tools for rest of the game. 

All his carry on is such a cliche and does nothing whatsoever for him or the team. Raphinha at weekend showed how a much better example of how a skilful dribbling wide player should be playing.

Yep, the fact that he carried on like that earlier is why he didn't getvthe penalty given IMO. Sign if a shit ref (and VAR too) but he/we missed out on multiple other free kicks as well because of his continued strop.

50 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Gosens has now moved to Inter on loan with an option to buy.

Another one to cross from the list

Shame. He was the most exciting left back we’ve been linked with other than digne

• Tom locked this topic