The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

17 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

We’ve allegedly had a 13.5 mill bid for Norwich left back Jamal Lewis accepted....this lad was supposed to have a big future when they were in the championship....

It will be him or Rogerio. No chance we are signing 2 x £13mil left backs. 

If, and it’s a big if, we sign Fraser, Hendrick, Wilson and Lewis, whilst keeping Dubravka, Longstaffs, Almiron and ASM then the window has exceeded my expectations.

Although I’m still dubious as to whether Wilson will score anymore than Gayle 

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Liverpool were after him apparently, although he’s never going to start ahead of Robertson so that might have swung his decision to us. 

Who is our current RB by the way? Yedlin, Krafth? 

Isn’t it the ex mackem  journeyman Manquillo?...it should be...

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Isn’t it the ex mackem  journeyman Manquillo?...it should be...

Oh aye. We’ve definitely got the 3 shittest RBs in the league. I’d imagine we’d have been trying to buy a RB instead of a LB if we could get rid of some of them.

£10mil spent on Krafth and Lazaar is a perfect encapsulation of Ashley’s broken transfer policy of buying cheap foreigners and hoping they turn into the next Cabaye 

I think Manquillo looks ok / more comfortable on the right. Far from great like. Who have we got comfortable on the left? Dummett’s had a lot of injury problems of late. 

yedlin is turbo gash. manquillo is meh. 

dummet will do a job at lb but in the long term is probably better suited to cb.

we have some quality cbs but both full back positions need strengthening.  

a striker who can actually score a few has to be the priority though. if we go into the season relying on joelinton and carroll for goals, we're gone. 

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Looks like Liverpool were in for him, Norwich asked for 20mill, then agreed 13.5 with us...sounds like Delia has been on the cooking sherry :lol:

reckon she must've shared the bottle with lewis himself if the daft young twat is even remotely interested in signing up to join the absolute fucking shit show we are.

40 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

reckon she must've shared the bottle with lewis himself if the daft young twat is even remotely interested in signing up to join the absolute fucking shit show we are.

Just think of the resale value when goes to Liverpool next summer

• Tom locked this topic