The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Why in the hell would you want to keep Carroll? He's hardly proven worth an extension and whenever the football starts again he'll have likely piled on the beef. 

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Why in the hell would you want to keep Carroll? He's hardly proven worth an extension and whenever the football starts again he'll have likely piled on the beef. 

On the doors. We'll keep him to be on the doors.

5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20200418/48582875149/manchester-united-newcastle-vidal.html

We are signing Vidal and Cuadrado once we get  Allegri as manager.

Unless the club sale falls through, and then Steve Bruce will give Andy Carroll a years extension instead 

Vidal Sosoon 

• Haha 2

Hello chaps :D

What calibre player do you think we'll actually be able to sign next transfer window? For strikers, reckon we could get a Ben Yedder/Ciro Immobile type player or do you think Rondon would be a good shout to start off with?

Was looking at other leagues top scorers and they either wouldn't join or are shit, Joselu has 9 goals and 2 assists in La Liga ffs. Slimani has 9 goals, 7 assists in Ligue 1! :lol:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Besty said:

Hello chaps :D

What calibre player do you think we'll actually be able to sign next transfer window? For strikers, reckon we could get a Ben Yedder/Ciro Immobile type player or do you think Rondon would be a good shout to start off with?

Was looking at other leagues top scorers and they either wouldn't join or are shit, Joselu has 9 goals and 2 assists in La Liga ffs. Slimani has 9 goals, 7 assists in Ligue 1! :lol:

I wouldn’t take Messi. He’s past it 

• Haha 2

On 4/20/2020 at 09:27, Alex said:

I wouldn’t take Messi. He’s past it 

Yes and C Ronaldo’s too old, we won’t want him either :lol: 

Edited by Kitman
  • Haha 1

Just wanted a general consensus on how people would like us to go about our transfer policy? Do you think the plan will be to actually throw money and sign already proven players on the wrong side of 30 (e.g Mertens/Vidal) and hope to look to establish ourselves in the top 6 within 2/3 seasons? 

1 hour ago, Chauder said:

Just wanted a general consensus on how people would like us to go about our transfer policy? Do you think the plan will be to actually throw money and sign already proven players on the wrong side of 30 (e.g Mertens/Vidal) and hope to look to establish ourselves in the top 6 within 2/3 seasons? 

I reckon we should buy 11 players who are currently regarded as being the best in the world in their respective positions no matter what their age or cost.

we should then put them on a pitch as a team and tell them to go out there and do the things they're good at.

it can't fail and should be brilliant.

• Like 1

In an astute effort to enhance their human rights policies the Saudis will keep Bruce,  better be ready for that, after all they've now stopped flogging minors and must now find another way to punish young'uns. 

7 hours ago, The Fish said:

Mertens

Coutinho

Vidal

Koulibaly

Cuadrado

Am I missing anybody?

Fekir off Betis, Cavani off PSG, Donny van de Beek off Ajax, a few young players who aren't established yet, and I'm sure some others I'm missing. Personally I hope we don't go the route of signing players who are established great players, for ridiculous wages, but who are the wrong side of thirty looking for little else than a lucrative final contract. I'd rather we built up more slowly if need be and invest in our facilities, youth and scouting. Although I do think there will be opportunities for players of the calibre of Fekir. Players who aren't quite grabbing the attention of elite of Europe, but are still great players who could potentially be great in the premier. We just need to look to Liverpool and the way in which they've operated in the market. If you look at the core of their team i.e. Salah, Mane, Robertson, Allison, Van Dijk etc, they weren't bought off Real, Barca etc and thought of as world beaters, they were just very astute signings, albeit at the higher end of expensive in Van Dijk and Allison's cases. I've said it before but the Dortmund, RB Leipzig models are great blueprints to use, and then when we build up enough we can try to sign the final pieces of the jigsaw like Liverpool did with Van Dijk and Allison. As I've been doing I will just add the caveat that this is all assuming that the sale goes through, I don't want to jinx it now :icon_lol:

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Fekir off Betis, Cavani off PSG, Donny van de Beek off Ajax, a few young players who aren't established yet, and I'm sure some others I'm missing. Personally I hope we don't go the route of signing players who are established great players, for ridiculous wages, but who are the wrong side of thirty looking for little else than a lucrative final contract. I'd rather we built up more slowly if need be and invest in our facilities, youth and scouting. Although I do think there will be opportunities for players of the calibre of Fekir. Players who aren't quite grabbing the attention of elite of Europe, but are still great players who could potentially be great in the premier. We just need to look to Liverpool and the way in which they've operated in the market. If you look at the core of their team i.e. Salah, Mane, Robertson, Allison, Van Dijk etc, they weren't bought off Real, Barca etc and thought of as world beaters, they were just very astute signings, albeit at the higher end of expensive in Van Dijk and Allison's cases. I've said it before but the Dortmund, RB Leipzig models are great blueprints to use, and then when we build up enough we can try to sign the final pieces of the jigsaw like Liverpool did with Van Dijk and Allison. As I've been doing I will just add the caveat that this is all assuming that the sale goes through, I don't want to jinx it now :icon_lol:

ok but, hear me out here. On the first bold point, you don't have to give a shit about the money anymore, you never did really but now in particular you don't

On the second, Van Dijk and Alisson were the most expensive players in their positions ever bought at the time of purchase.

• Tom locked this topic