The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm not that keen on overhead kicks in our own box. 

on the other hand, I'm going to be raging if we don't spend £67m on a defender i'd never heard of a few days ago 

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Apparently Burnley are after that Fofana

There's one thing we can be almost sure of, and that's if we want a player Burnley aren't going to beat us to him. We can offer far more wages than they can ever dream of for a start obviously. It would be amusing if he talks to them and then we come in Johnny big balls and helicopter him up to us. This of course is assuming we even want him as our first choice in that midfield position. Haidara seems to be the dream move.

:lol: Fuck sake man, imagine worrying the club that currently sits 2nd in La Liga, who will be 2 points off top spot if they win their game in hand. Meanwhile we are 19th and were being told by Gabby Agbonlahor that money doesn’t matter players won’t go :lol: :lol: 

It still doesn’t feel real. Going from Ashley to this. 

• Haha 1

In fairness de Jong wasn't as bad as Pardew helped him look. He was never a number 10 which is basically where he was played when he was here. He's one of those players where you have to basically set up your team to service him, and then he'll get goals, but it's highly debatable whether he's worth the hassle. I wouldn't bet against Dyche getting a tune out of him given the way Burnley play.

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

which one was he again? the shite de jong or the even shitter de jong? 

He's Barcelona's De Jong. And every week he seems to pop up on Twitter missing another sitter for them. 

Newcastle should be offering to cover his transfer fee if that's who Burnley think is going to score the goals to get them out of trouble.

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 1

• Tom locked this topic