The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Obviously we don’t know the full goings on, but if what Romano is saying about the Guimeraes deal is true and we miss out on him over basically a difference in payment terms (upfront v installments) then I’ll be gutted. They can’t claim it would be overpaying at that price point. Again that’s if any of it was true. 

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

:lol: 4 minutes apart.

Apparently they've got form;

Arsenal have £29m offer for Alexandre Lacazette rejected by Lyon | Arsenal | The Guardian

Arsenal have had an offer of €35m (£29.3m) for the Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette rejected.

Lyon denied that Arsenal have submitted a new bid of €48m for the 25-year-old France international, whom they insist is not for sale.

“Arsenal made an offer of €35m which Lyon didn’t accept for one reason alone – we will keep Alexandre Lacazette,” read a statement released by the club.

“Lacazette is one of the main leaders of Bruno Genesio’s squad,” Lyon’s statement continued. “We categorically deny having received an offer of €48m [£40.2m] from Arsenal for him, as has been reported.”

Edited by The Fish

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

;) 

Interesting, so am I seeing it right that this Lyon fan is basically saying Lyon are bullshitting to cover up that the deal is closed? As he seems to be showing they tweeted similar about Ferland Mendy before his move to Madrid. 

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

Interesting, so am I seeing it right that this Lyon fan is basically saying Lyon are bullshitting to cover up that the deal is closed? As he seems to be showing they tweeted similar about Ferland Mendy before his move to Madrid. 

Yeh and apparently they did the same with The Cassette when they sold him to arsenal.

• Like 1

So it would seem they have likely agreed but it’s not all signed, so they release a statement like that as one final dice roll to flush out any improved bids? Guesswork on my part tbh. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

So it would seem they have likely agreed but it’s not all signed, so they release a statement like that as one final dice roll to flush out any improved bids? Guesswork on my part tbh. 

Careful, they'll come out and state that reports that this is one last attempt to flush out more money are categorically false.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Cunts from Blyth & he loves the Toon  :thumbup:

54 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Was Blyth tory when he was born or whilst he was growing up there? :cuppa:

Work with his cousin, apparently. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Burn bid reject according to the Athletic 

Burn is just a smokescreen to scare Sevilla into accepting our bid (I'd rather Burn tbh for this season).

28 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Get our resident football contract law expert on this. 

Webster is how we signed Jonas. It came about because of EU law so I'm not sure if it applies and if it does as to whether it only applies in cross-border transfers.

But generally if it were that easy to do then plenty more players would have done it.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Webster is how we signed Jonas. It came about because of EU law so I'm not sure if it applies and if it does as to whether it only applies in cross-border transfers.

But generally if it were that easy to do then plenty more players would have done it.

Maybe other players just didn't have shit hot smart legal cookies like me on the case? 

13 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

OH! bring back Ashley and the pure monotony for THE LOVE OF GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 days into the window and it still feels weird to see us occupying the two top stories in the bbc's live rumour feed

2039454188_Screenshot2022-01-26at14_36_20.thumb.png.661ab9746ee20f37010883fef2aa3a7c.png

• Tom locked this topic