Jump to content

The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think it just boils down to the owner and/or Charnley thinking we’re ok. I.e. this squad will keep us up. We know that’s the aim and they also have a track record of not acting until it’s too late. 

Oh aye, I'm aware of how it works. It's just Bruce being a mouthpiece for the club. Can you imagine Rafa blowing smoke up Ashley's arse cos we released 6 players and signed 1 ... "we've spent more than I ever could have hoped for in my wildest dreams!" 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Think ah'll put something like......   'Former toon star, once a starlet for Sir Bobby Robson at the cathedral on the hill, Stephen Glass SHATTERS Matty's SPL dreams.'   You just

If you enjoy the transfer speculation, that's one thing, but otherwise I would ignore all of it. 95% of it is gonna be made up.    Howe apparently pulled the local journalists to one side la

He has subsequently learned that Bruce is from a good family so it’s okay.

Posted Images

The scary thing is they’ll be listening to Bruce say we have enough to stay up, the cunt should be demanding new players if he had any integrity or ambition at all but the fat slob will be more worried about what sauce he’s getting on his kebabS tonight 

Edited by 247
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 247 said:

The scary thing is they’ll be listening to Bruce say we have enough to stay up, the cunt should be demanding new players if he had any integrity or ambition at all but the fat slob will be more worried about what sauce he’s getting on his kebabS tonight 

When they’re all fit,we have a decent,well ballanced squad.Well that’s what Brucey believes,so no further recruitment required I would have thought.If we’d had to play Man Utd before the break,with the inevitable defeat,would he have still been manager after the break for the home game against Leeds? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

If we’d had to play Man Utd before the break,with the inevitable defeat,would he have still been manager after the break for the home game against Leeds? 

Yes

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/08/2021 at 19:19, essembeeofsunderland said:

I agree with a lot of what you say,and I’ve highlighted a lot of what you have said in previous posts,which you may have missed.It’s a shame you’ve let yourself down by suggesting I believe  only cowardice is the problem,which of course,you know I’ve never suggested it is.Maybe in your lifetime of supporting NUFC it’s been rife,and you know nothing different,but it certainly wasn’t happening not that  many years ago.I never saw John McGrath do it,nor Moncur,nor Pat Howard,nor Peter Jackson,nor Darren Peacock,nor Steve Howey,nor Nick The Greek,nor Woodgate.In fact I cannot remember anyone in those era’s showing the cowardice I now see on regular occasions.As I’ve said in earlier posts,they don’t always end up in goals.We could have a very good forward line with a decent mid-field,but if defenders intentionally allow shots to be on target,we’re asking for trouble.To repeat myself,it’s not down to poor players playing poorly,and it’s not down to excellent play by the opposition.It’s usually defenders refusing to defend.Just as well it’s not rife in cricket,although Stewart Broad is no stranger to similar cowardice when he’s batting.

Jesus, your posts are tough to read. Just throw some paragraphs in there, maybe?

 

We're in the shit because of tactics, square pegs in round holes, bad management and poor recruitment. Not because some of our defenders occasionally turn their backs, you big fucking doyle. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't say I've seen a lot of Choudhury. Anyone on here have a fully formed opinion of him? It seems unlikely he'll be any worse than Longstaff and Shelvey, although obviously he'll be doing a different job to them. I'd imagine he's at least marginally more athletic than both. I mean was Longstaff's knee injury that bad, or is he just as depressed as the rest of us about the state of the club, hence the constant lacklustre displays. 

Edited by Polarboy
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Can't say I've seen a lot of Choudhury. Anyone on here have a fully formed opinion of him? It seems unlikely he'll be any worse than Longstaff and Shelvey, although obviously he'll be doing a different job to them. I'd imagine he's at least marginally more athletic than both. I mean was Longstaff's knee injury that bad, or is he just as depressed as the rest of us about the state of the club, hence the constant lacklustre displays. 

 

Don't think it will matter too much mate :lol:

 

 

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Jesus, your posts are tough to read. Just throw some paragraphs in there, maybe?

 

We're in the shit because of tactics, square pegs in round holes, bad management and poor recruitment. Not because some of our defenders occasionally turn their backs, you big fucking doyle. :lol:

Ha ha.Got it now I think.Players turning their backs,and actually getting out the way of shots,hasn’t contributed in  putting us in the shit.Has it made us a better,more solid outfit, when defending? We can only hope our keeper thinks differently to you? X

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

https://twitter.com/LukeEdwardsTele/status/1432647310589239299?s=20

So either Edwards is frantically trying to cover up his own incompetence, or he was told by Bruce this morning that Choudhury was signing, and the club have went behind Bruce's back and cancelled the loan move. As a man of honour I'm sure Bruce will be resigning in disgust.

How desperate would a player have to be to sign for us knowing our situation,and especially after having a chat with Brucey?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Ha ha.Got it now I think.Players turning their backs,and actually getting out the way of shots,hasn’t contributed in  putting us in the shit.Has it made us a better,more solid outfit, when defending? We can only hope our keeper thinks differently to you? X

Do you know how punctuation works?

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

https://twitter.com/LukeEdwardsTele/status/1432647310589239299?s=20

So either Edwards is frantically trying to cover up his own incompetence, or he was told by Bruce this morning that Choudhury was signing, and the club have went behind Bruce's back and cancelled the loan move. As a man of honour I'm sure Bruce will be resigning in disgust.

Bruce is 110% Edward's source like :lol: 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Ha ha.Got it now I think.Players turning their backs,and actually getting out the way of shots,hasn’t contributed in  putting us in the shit.Has it made us a better,more solid outfit, when defending? We can only hope our keeper thinks differently to you? X

I haven't seen such a hastily constructed strawman since LeazesMag's time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen the quotes from Bruce about the club letting Toney and Armstrong go. Obviously it was likely done as a dig at Rafa given he was manager when both left. In fairness he's not entirely wrong. Although neither were ready at the time, and we'll have to see how they get on but both have already scored, it would have been prudent to have sent them out on loan perhaps, instead of permanent deals. The only half right decision was putting a percentage on Armstrong's future transfer fee.

Edited by Polarboy
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Bruce is 110% Edward's source like :lol: 

He absolutely is. Which makes it all the more amusing that he gets stuff wrong so frequently

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...